Search for content in message boards

Huggins in Fl and SC

Huggins in Fl and SC

Posted: 15 Jan 2001 5:14PM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2003 11:59PM GMT
I am looking for the South Carolina ancestors of the following family. According to the 1880 census of Holmes County, FL, both Joseph's parents were born in SC and so was he. If anyone is researching the Huggins line in South Carolina, please let me know if you can find any connection to this family.

Joseph Huggins, 60, farmer, b. SC
Mary, 46, b. GA
Joseph, 15, b. AL
Georgiann, 13, b. FL
Thomas, 12, b. FL
Nancy, 10, b. AL
Frances ?, 10, b. FL
daughter (illegible), 5, b. FL
John, 2, b. FL

huggins in s.c.

jerry (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2001 10:42PM GMT
my grandmother's grandmother was mary ann huggins(b.june 20,1810,d.nov 24,1884)m. jesse mckay(july 23,1829).had children:sara elizabeth,robert calvin,henry abbot,john alexander,jesse reece,samuel duncan. "marry and mckay nee huggins was born in darlington county and died at the residence of her son s.d. mckay,near vances ferre, orangeburg county..." "55 years a constant member of st.lukes church,sumter county...""and the body sleeps with kindred dust in st.lukes cemetery"(obiturary). i also have the name of francis huggins in my death records(d.15 july 1853) just now i don't know why this person shows up but i am sure after i go through my files in more depth i will know the connection. at any rate they were from the same area. i have a large picture of jesse and mary ann hanging in my living room. i have their family bible with names of the house slaves children listed as the were born. i also have the conk shell blown to bring the slaves to the house. much more information if this is indeed a connection to your family. like to hear from you no matter what regard.

Re: Huggins in Fl and SC

Posted: 2 Jan 2007 5:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello my family was from sc, William Jackson Huggins married Martha Susan Stokes. Started a family in sc then moved through ga and into Holmes county fl. Some of them moved to Suwannee and Columbia county, fl. Do you have any information on this Huggins family?
Happy New Year,
Florence Huggins

Posted: 3 Jan 2007 3:27AM GMT
Thanks for replying to my post. What are some approximate dates of birth and death for William Jackson Huggins? Do you know who his parents were? Also, where in SC was he from? I will look through my info. to see if I have documentation on him.

Feel free to e-mail me off-list at fla_girl_2001@yahoo.com

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 2:20AM GMT
Surnames: Huggins
Florence --

I believe you are talking about my gggg-grandfather. My tree at http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&... captures essentially everything I know. Hopefully it is helpful (and correct :)). If you have anything further information, I would love to hear it! My email address is on the rootsweb pages.

Regards,
KEN

Posted: 22 Oct 2008 12:38AM GMT
Surnames: Huggins
Ken,
Can you post new address for your family tree? No longer available at the address given in query.
Thanks.
donna

Posted: 22 Oct 2008 4:44PM GMT

Re: huggins in s.c.

Posted: 6 Sep 2009 12:43PM GMT
I was looking for an old post I had out there and ran across this posting. Is there anyway that you still have the info you mentioned in your post. I would be surprised but thought I'd try. My ancestor is stephen Huggins. I think he ended up getting executed for stealing a sow! I just ran across something a bit ago where it showed his name on this document with people awaiting execution. Now I cannot locate the site again! Hope this reaches you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions