Search for content in message boards

Olivers of Florida

Olivers of Florida

ellen o. wilson (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2000 8:34AM GMT
I am trying to find info on a George Samuel Oliver who came to Florida in the 1880's married Mary Alice Crosby in Baldwin, Florida. They had 8 children, Raymond, Gladys, Sarah, Everette, Ruby, Andrew, Martin and Walter. George moved his family then to Starke, Florida. His son Raymond married Bertie Kelly of Starke. Everette married Evelyn Whitehead. I have more info on the other children and would like to share. I am now searching for the parents of George and Mary Alice. I am also trying to locate an Aunt Myrtle Welch who married Martin Oliver in starke, Fla.

Thanks

Cousin ?

Pam D'Oria (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2000 9:32AM GMT
Ellen - I'm looking for my cousins, Ellen and Susan Oliver (nee). Their grandmother's name was Maude. Please let me know. Thanks!

Pam

Oliver

Ellen Oliver Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2000 6:05PM GMT
Pam,
I am sorry but I do not have a Maude Oliver in my lineage. My grandmother's name was Bertie lee Kelly Oliver, she married a Raymond M. Oliver the son of George Samuel Oliver and Mary Alice Crosby (not sure ofher maiden name). They had eight living children with one infant that died. Bertie Lee Kelly'a parents were John Nathaniel Kelly and Arsula Wells. I do believe we have a Maude in our lineage who married a Kelly. If you can give me more info, I will check it out for you.

Ellen
Posted: 24 Jun 2000 11:58PM GMT
Edited: 21 Dec 2004 4:22AM GMT
My ggrandfather's name was Samuel Augustus Oliver. He came to MS possibly from FL. I have similar given names in my line as those in your post. Such as Everett and Raymond. Could they possibly have been related to your Olivers?

Re: Olivers

Posted: 10 Jul 2007 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Samuel A. Oliver was one of my several great grandfathers. Do you have any info. on them???

Posted: 10 Jul 2007 1:32PM GMT
Any links to a George OLIVER born 1853, probably London area. Father may have been David OLIVER.

David (Beecham)
Posted: 8 Jan 2008 8:29PM GMT
Surnames: Oliver
I have Samuel Augustus Oliver born June 17, 1834 and died in 1907. His parents were Arthur Oliver who was born in Virginia date and place unknown and Fannie Pritchett of Alabama her birthdate and place are also unknown.

Samuel had the following siblings:

Arthur Oliver
William Oliver
Addie Oliver
John Oliver

Does anyone have anything else?

Re: Olivers of Florida

Posted: 8 Jan 2008 9:03PM GMT
New to this family reseach ... but looking through the posts this caught my eye for some reason ..

Did a search on George Oliver with the wife Mary on the IGI database and came up with the following details ..

George Samuel Oliver
Born 5 Apr 1871 Baldwin, Duval County, Florida
Death 10 Jul 1910 Maxville, Duval County, Florida
Burial date unknown - at Manning Cemetery, Maxville, Duval County, Florida

Married Mary Alice Crosby about 1892
Mary born 30 Oct 1873 Starke, Bradford County, Florida
Death 17 Nov 1953 Starke, Bradford County, Florida
Burial date unkown - Conner Cemetery, Starke, Bradford County, Florida

George Oliver
Father = William Shepherd Oliver
Mother = Agnes S Fletcher

Hope this is of some use .. intrested if its the right person, even though as far as I can see not related to my tree. If this is the right one shout and I will pull up some more details or you can search yourself

Regards .. ALLAN

Posted: 8 Jan 2008 9:13PM GMT
Hi,

Does this census pertain to your Samuel Augustus Oliver?
I could not find him with his parents in the 1850 census although other Samuel Oliver born abt 1834 were listed with other parents.

1880 United States Federal Census > Mississippi > Jackson > Southeast > District 159
Oliver, Samuel A. W M 46 Timber ??? VA (ditto MS) (ditto MS)
Margaret W F 43 Wife House Keeper VA (ditto MS) (ditto MS)
Mary E. W F 23 Daughter MS MS MS
Arthur W M 24 Son MS MS MS
(next page)
Oliver Lewis W M 18 son MS MS MS
William W M 15 Son MS MS MS
Susan W F 12 Daughter MS MS MS
S…….. W F 9 Daughter 9 MS MS MS
[note very difficult to read]

-----

The William Shepherd Oliver of Duval Co, FL that Allan Oliver just wrote about would be part of the magenta group in the Oliver Y DNA project.

Cordially,

Sheila Schmutz (of the bright yellow Oliver group)

Posted: 8 Jan 2008 10:09PM GMT
Hi Amy, I have Samuel A. Oliver and wife Margaret Cunningham Oliver that lived in an area once called Wilson Springs. They are my mom's great-great grandparents. My mom's dad Mabron Miller, his mother Maggie Cunningham Miller, her mom Mary E. Oliver Cunningham Moore is Sam and Margarets daughter. Do you have any info on them. I live in Lucedale and have been trying to research this side for sometime. I have lots of info on Margaret C. Oliver's side. But none on Samuel's side of the family. I would love to exchange info on them.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic