Search for content in message boards

Waddle / St. Clair, Madison, Monroe Counties Illinois

Waddle / St. Clair, Madison, Monroe Counties Illinois

Posted: 7 Jul 2010 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jul 2010 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Waddle, Waddell
Looking for information on David, Alexander, Jesse, Issac, Dr. Daniel and others related to these Waddles. They arrived in Southern Illinois in 1786. Some latter changed to Waddell.

Re: Waddle / St. Clair, Madison, Monroe Counties Illinois

Posted: 7 Jul 2010 6:47PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2010 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Waddell, Waddle
Hello, I'm a descendant of the Madison Co/St Clair Co, IL Waddle's/Waddell's. Would love to share info. There are several other researchers around the country on the same family line. My email is: RSANDME@cox.net.
Please contact me via email - I will send you what we've 'collectively' discovered.
Good to hear from ya Cus !
Best regards,
Leah Waddell Sandmeyer, TUlsa, OK

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 3:19AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2012 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Waddle, Baird, Beard
Did any of your Waddles live in Fleming County, KY, Ross or Fayette County, Ohio or marry a Baird or a Beard?

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 1:38PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2012 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Lemon, Waddle, Waddell
I wish I could answer that question. I know from history books that David Waddle arrived in Southern Illinois in 1787 with a party lead by James Lemon. That party started out from Wheeling (W)Virginia and came down the Ohio River. Where these Waddles came from has eluded me so far. I was hoping that DNA would solve it but the last male Waddell from my line passed a couple months ago without leaving a sample.
Sorry I can't help more.

Steve

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 2:55PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2012 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Waddle, Beard, Baird, McLain
There are at least two Waddle families in Ross and Fayette Counties in Southern Ohio. One family came directly from Belfast, Ireland. The other came from Maryland via Kentucky. A lot of Ross and Fayette residents arrived via the Ohio river. I have been researching Beard and Baird and there was a Francis Waddle who married a Mary Jane Beard. There is also a Samuel Waddle from Kentucky, who married a widow, Eliz. McLain. I have wondered if this was not a second marriage for him, since there was a Nellie Waddle who joined the Presbyterian church in Ross County and there was a Samuel Waddle who married an Eleanor Baird in Fleming County, KY. There is a David Beard who died in Fayette, Oh in 1820, leaving a son, Evan. Evan later settled in St. Clair, IL and gave his place of birth as Fleming, KY. There were a lot of Samuel Waddles in Ohio, so that is also a tough one!

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 3:35PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2012 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Waddle, Crouch, VanLue
I had Waddle and Crouch family in Fleming and Nicolas County Ky, they married VanLue from Ross Co Ohio....Harrison Waddle b in Nicolas Co KY marrie Catherine VanLue....from Ross Co Ohio....
Jeanette

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 4:29PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2012 3:46PM GMT
Surnames: Waddel, Waddle, Baird
Hi Jeanette, Do you recognize any of these names? I would love to find out if Samuel Waddle and Eleanor Baird of Fleming, KY ended up in Ross, Ohio!

Waddel, Matthew Freshour, Hetty 1819 May 20
Waddle, Francis Baird, Jane 1806 Oct. 14
Waddle, James Freshour, Ann 1823 Mar. 25
Waddle, John Blair, Polly 1807 Jan. 20
Waddle, John Mann, Nancy 1806 Nov. 18
Waddle, Samuel McClean, Eliz 1808 Jun. 17
Waddle, William Breaden, Sarah 1829 Sep. 24
Waddle, William McCoy, Jane Sarah 1845 Jun. 19
Beard, Sarah Robertson, Alexander 1834 Aug. 30
Wadde; Margaret Taylor, James 1845 Feb.20
Waddle, Elizabeth Colwell, Robert 1844 Aug. 22
Waddle, Isabel Blair, James 1810 Sep. 28
Waddle, Mary Pilley, John 1820 Jan. 27

SAMUEL WADDLE, Judge Daniel McLean's step-father, was a Kentuckian by birth ; removing to Ross County, Ohio, from whence he came to Fayette, in March, 1810, locating on a piece of ground four or five miles south of Washington. During the Indian troubles of 1812, he engaged in the defense of his country, being chosen major. In 1814 he removed to Washington and two years later engaged in the mercantile business, continuing in the same till his death, which occurred in 1828. In 1814 he purchased seven lots in the town of Washington, for which he paid in cash $10,000. After his death the property did not realize $1,000 outside of the dower set aside for his widow. This instance is cited to illustrate the terrible depreciation of property during that period.
(Source: History of Fayette Co.., Ohio - Dayton, Ohio: Odell & Mayer, 1881)
First Session Buckskin Presbyterian Church So. Salem,Ross Co, Ohio pg. 50
Anno Domini 1805
The following presons, members of Concord Church, were received to Communion at that time by examination: Philip Gossard, Mary Gossard, Casper Plyley, Perry Plyley, Caty Gossard, Charles Briggs, William Blair, Henry Snyder, Sam'l Waddle, Nelly Waddle, Mary Waddle. Polly Gossard could not see her way clear tho she had met the approbation of the Session.
http://www.ohiogenealogyexpress.com/fayette/fayetteco_pionee...
Wm. McVery, a farmer. Francis Waddle, farmer and large grazer. William Waddle, farmer, and class-leader in the M. E. Church.

Posted: 2 Jul 2012 2:32AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2012 12:54PM GMT
Surnames: Waddle
What a shame y-dna was missed in your search for the waddle family connection. May I suggest you look into family finder dna which will give you results from both male and female for comparison.

Posted: 2 Jul 2012 1:25PM GMT
Yes,I know about family finder but it's a little expensive. Maybe the economy will get better and I'll try that. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions