Search for content in message boards

Ship Constellation

Ship Constellation

Posted: 17 Apr 2004 9:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thomas Morgan and family arrived in New York City on May 3, 1858 from Liverpool on the Constellation. Does anyone know anything about this ship? Any pictures, shipping line, history. I would appreciate whatever information is available. Thank you. Mardell

Re: Ship Constellation

Erika (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2004 3:21AM GMT
I am not sure, but this is probably the same Constellation that is docked in Baltimore harbor to this day. I know that it is very old. I think that there is a museum on it, it shouldn't be hard to research this on the internet.

Mardell Gitchel (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2004 9:03PM GMT
It is most kind of you to answer my query. That Constellation is a sister ship to the Constitution, based in Boston MA. My Constellation was built in 1849, and at the time of her launch, was the largest sailing vessel in the New York-Liverpool packet service. Thank you.

Posted: 7 Dec 2004 7:00AM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2006 4:12AM GMT
Mardell,
I am interested in the Constitution built 1850 @ Quebec and operated by Walton & Co. of London on at least one trip Australia in 1855. Is the Constitution you refer to in Boston the USS Constitution or a different ship ? Thanks. Ian

Mardell Gitchel (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2004 1:14PM GMT
Dear Ian,
The ship Constitution that I mentioned is a naval vessel, not a passenger carrier. I don't know about another ship of that name. Good luck in your quest. Mardell

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 11:35PM GMT
This was a ship that was very active in the immigrant transport from the UK to USA during the mid-19th century. Some activity/passengers:

http://www.ukimmigrants.org/index.php?f=ship&q=Constella...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic