Search for content in message boards

search

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 10:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone give me some ideas on how I can find the parents of an ancestor of mine named Joseph A Sensor (1810 - 1880). He lived in Clearfield Co., PA and married Kesiah Cooper. I believe his parents were born in MD. My research is at a standstill. Thanks.

Re: search

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 1:00AM GMT
Sure,

Post all the data and all the resources you've already covered that have lead you to your brick wall.

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 5:38PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. in trying to find Joseph A Sensor's (b. abt 1809, d. 1880 in Clearfield Co., PA) parents, I have searched US Census records, church records, and viewed other family trees. I have even searched the same type of records in Maryland because I think on on of the censuses, Joseph indicated that his parents were from MD. I have found males in MD with his surname, but none old enough.

You can look at my family tree to get some more info as I've made it public.

I'll be greatful for any help.

~Bob Sensor, Jr.

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 6:17PM GMT
You've exhausted the on-line resources, is that correct?

95%+ of genealogical research material is not on-line. When you post on the brick wall board, it should only be after you've exhausted ALL sources.

You might want to take a break from trying to find data and learn where to find it and what kind of data is available. I see you're a month on Ancestry; if that's your entire tenure in genealogy, then you need to bring some newly learned skills sets to get your game on.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions