Search for content in message boards

Doty-Loso

Doty-Loso

Posted: 14 Dec 2009 10:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Doty, Loso
I am looking for any information about my grandmother's parents; John Doty and Irene Loso.

My grandmother, Barbara was born 12 Nov 1930 in Vermont (from what I'm told), her parents John Doty and Irene Loso. However, there are plenty of problems.

I was told by my mother, since my grandmother is unwilling to reveal these secrets, that the surname LOSO is Irene's married name, that she was married twice. So I am unsure if John Doty is husband number one and Mr. Loso is husband number 2, or vice versa. That the man that raised my grandmother was not her biological father.

The only siblings I know of (biological, step or half I don't know) are - Thomas, John Jr, Janice, Beverly, Charlotte, Guy and Arthur (aka Pete).

I know it's a longshot and I appreciate any help.

Email - Adkdork@yahoo.com

Thank you! - Crystal

Re: Doty-Loso

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 12:56PM GMT
Have you looked at the census?

The 1930 cenus shows one John Doty in Vermont. He has
a wife named Irene H. [she is indexed as Mena, but the
handwriting looks like Irene to me] and 2 children - Thomas E, and John H. They are living in Wallingford, Rutland, Vermont. John was born in VT, and Irene born in Canada.

If this is your John Doty, then it seems likely Irene would have been married to Mr. Loso second.

Since Barbara was born in November 1930, she would
not have been enumerated on this census because it
was taken on April 10 & 11.

John Doty & Irene were 24 years old, married at age 19, so
look for their marriage record in 1924 or 25, and you will
find her maiden name.

Lisa

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 1:08PM GMT
In the 1942 Proctor Directory, there is an Arthur Loso
with wife Irene living at 32 Elm. He is a construction
worker.

Lisa

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 2:09PM GMT
This appears to be your Irene and husband John M. Doty in 1930 census. Mis indexed at Ancestry.com as Mena. Married at age 19 to John. so this would be first marriage and two children in 1930

1930 United States Federal Census
about John M Doty
Name: John M Doty
Home in 1930: Wallingford, Rutland, Vermont

Estimated birth year: abt 1906
Birthplace: Vermont
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Mena H
Race: White

Education:

Military service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace:
Neighbors:
Household Members: Name Age
John M Doty 24
Mena H Doty 24
Thomas E Doty 4 11/12
John H Doty 2 ??/12

Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Wallingford, Rutland, Vermont; Roll 2430; Page: 9B; Enumeration District: 48; Image: 943.0.

Source Information:

Ancestry.com. 1930 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2002. Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Fifteenth Census of the United States, 1930. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1930. T626, 2,667 rolls.

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 4:57PM GMT
Surnames: Doty Loso Blanchard
What I have is below. Hope it helps look for them!

Irene E Blanchard was born @1906, and died 1988 buried in Proctor, Vt St Dominics Catholic Cemetery. She married first John M Doty Dec 22, 1923 in Wallingford, Vt (record) 1st husband. She married 2nd Arthur Joseph Loso, aft 1928, (2nd hus 2nd wife). He was the son of Napoleon Loso and Ernestine Barrette. He was born Mar 29, 1906 in Proctor, Vt (of Rutland 130 State St), and died June 13, 1964 in Rutland Vt Hospital, buried Proctor, Vt St Dominics Catholic Cemetery @58y, "brief illness" painting contractor.

Children of Irene Blanchard and John Doty are:

1. Thomas Elmer Doty, born Dec 1 1925, Wallingford, Vt (record)
2. John Henry Doty, born Jan 21, 1928, Wallingford, Vt (record)
(maybe Doty, maybe Loso) 3.daug Doty, of Glens Falls, NY 1964, "Mrs", married Charles Fisher

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 6:40PM GMT
Thanks for the added info. The Doty name is a Mayflower Passenger name so should be reasonably easy to find. The bad thing is that the name John is common. For the Canadien connections, assume Quebec go to canadadien Census site below.
NOTE: Date of Immigratio to USA on the 1910 census indicates 1888 so they should be found in the 1881 Quebec census.
http://automatedgenealogy.com/

1910 United States Federal Census

Name: Napoleon J Loro
[Napoleon J Loso]
Age in 1910: 38
Estimated birth year: abt 1872
Birthplace: Canada French
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Canada French
Mother's Birth Place: Canada French
Spouse's name: Ernestine R
Home in 1910: Proctor, Rutland, Vermont
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Year of Immigration: 1888
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Napoleon J Loro 38
Ernestine R Loro 32
Charles Loro 6
Arthur Loro 4
Louise Boretti 65

Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Proctor, Rutland, Vermont; Roll T624_1616; Page: 19B; Enumeration District: 194; Image: 646.

Source Information:

per page

Find a board about a specific topic