Search for content in message boards

howell family of Marion,Ill and Mo.

howell family of Marion,Ill and Mo.

Posted: 13 Mar 2010 4:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any information on the family of Howell.They were in Kinmumdy,Marion Ill for years then moved to Southeast Missouri. The names are following:
Father:John Howell
Mother:Lucinda
Son;Leander,Thomas Henry,Jasper,Newton,Archer
Daughter:Sara Bell Dora, of whom I am the youngest granddaugher of hers. The dates were 1846-1880? They moved to Lost Creek,Mo and homesteaded a farm.I am looking for info on the boys.
retta1948

Re: howell family of Marion,Ill and Mo.

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 9:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Howell, Caldwell, Forister, Jines, Richmann, Underwood
I have some info on the sons of John Howell & Lucinda Ellen Caldwell. First John was the son of Phillip Howell & Lucy A Warren of Marion Co IL. Here are the children I have for John & Lucinda Ellen Howell:
Leander b 1862 IL; Thomas Jefferson b Dec 13 1864 IL; William Henry b Aug 1867 IL; Sarah Bell Dora b Nov 1869 IL; Jasper b 1872 IL; Newton b 1872 IL {twin to Jasper?}; Archer b Jan 1878 IL. John the father was b Oct 1843 IL and was widowed by the 1900 Wayne Co MO census.

Thomas Howell's death certificate is on the MO Death Certificate 1910-1958 website. He died Jan. 19, 1945, buried Center Ridge Cem., Wayne Co MO-a picture of his stone is on Find A Grave. His daughter, Nelle Emma Florence Forister & her husband, Harvey, are also buried in this Cemetery-pictures of their stones on Find A Grave. Thomas' son, Silas and daughter Mollie {Mallie?} are also buried in this cemetery.

I haven't been able to find Leander after the 1910 Wayne Co MO census, when he was in the household of John J & Hattie E (Howell) Jines. He is listed as a boarder. I think Leander & Hattie must have been kin.

Archer C. Howell married Aka L. Fry 18 May 1902 Wayne Co MO Bk C pg 93A {Wayne Co MO website} Archer & family is on 1910 Wayne Co MO census. This family is on the 1920 Knox Co IN census; on the 1930 Greene Co IN census.
From Find A Grave website: Bethel Cemetery, Greene Co IN:
Howell, Archer C. b Jan. 30 1878 d Jun. 19, 1953
Howell, John T. b Mar. 2 1919 d May 31 1963 {think is Archer & Oka's son}
Howell, May Marie b Feb. 29 1948 d Feb.29 1948 d/o John
Howell, Oka L b Mar. 6 1884 d Jun. 23 1965
Howell, Pansy M. b Mar. 5 1921 d unknown {think this is John's wife}

William Henry Howell is on the 1910 & 1920 Wayne Co MO census. His father, John, is in his household on the 1920 census. I don't know what happened to William Henry.

I don't know what happened to Jasper or Newton Howell.

Do you know Mary Underwood who I believe is also a descendant of Christian Richmann & Sara Bell Dora Howell? I have corresponded with her. She has posted a query, dated Feb. 1 2008 on the Wayne Co MO Genealogy Forum on GenForum; titled Re-John Howell b 1843 in Ill.

Also on the BLM website are copies of Deeds for the Howells & Richmanns in Wayne Co MO.

If you want to contact me directly you can at dfranks@grm.net. I've compiled an 11 page file on John & Lucinda Ellen Howell's family. I would be glad to share this with you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions