Search for content in message boards

NAPIER

Posted: 25 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Mar 2002 3:30AM GMT

Looking for info on Thomas Napier who was married 3 times
1.Mahalia Hacker, 2.Nancy E.Rodgers and 3. Nancy L. Rodgers
The 2 Nancies wher cousins. Hacker was from Tenn or Va. Her and Thomas divored in Clay County. Thomas was born around1820 ? and came from Va. when he was a boy.a. when he was a boy.

NAPIER

Jeff Napier (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 1998 12:00PM GMT

You may already know this by now. I do have a file called
" Napier 1" That has Thomas and Nancy Rogers listed on it.
That Nancy is the Daughter of John M. Rogers. Their
children listed there are... Mary born 1855, John M. born
1857, Vicy born 1857, William B. born 1860,Sarah born
1861, Edmund F. born 1873,Nancy #1 born 1877, Sally born
1845, Nancy #2 Born 1847, Polly born 1852, Kiziah born
1854, Felix born 1858 and married to Adele Howard,Susan
born 1862,Ezekiel born 1863, Irvine born 1864, Calloway
born 1869.
Thomas was the son of Edmund Napier born 1790 died 1866 in
Clay co. Ky, married to Sarah Howard. Their children were
(and Thomas siblins) Chloe Napier married Joseph Morgan,
Frances Napier married Ephriam Howard, Nancy Ann Napier
Married James Jackson, James Napier married Rebecca
Sizemore, Huston/Hughes/Hugh Napier Married Keziah/Kissie
Sizemore {< my greatgreat grandparents}, Then was Thomas
Napier, John/Bally John Napier married to Action Hacker,
Mary Napier married Elisa/Harty Morgan, Andrew Napier
married Alice Hubbard, George Napier married Elizabeth
Feltner, then lastly Susan Napier Married John Bowling.

Edmunds Father was Patrick Napier the great grandson of
Dr. Patrick Napier born 1634 in Scotland. There is more if
you are interested.
Jeff

NAPIER

Jerene Wood (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Thomas A Napier of Clay County was my husband's gggrandfather. Email me if you want information that I have.

Jerene
Posted: 11 Oct 2001 6:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2002 2:15AM GMT
I believe I may be descended from this thomas Napier b. Lee Co. Va. Do you have the names of his and Nancy L. Rogers children? I am descended from Stephen Napier b. Lee Co. Va possibly 1844 m. Nancy McPherson(?), had son John Lafayette Napier b. 1863 Lee Co. VA moved to Clay Co. KY.
email me at millieclark@msn.com. Thank you for posting so much information. It fits in with what I have.
Posted: 20 Jan 2010 5:27PM GMT
Surnames: Napier, Watkins, Nance
Dear Jeff,

My name is Tom McKnight, researching the African American Napier'. My Great Grandmother, Sophia Napier married my Great Grandfather Rev. Fred W. Watkins, Tuscumbia Alabama.
One of her legacies is that she was the Keller family cook when Helen Keller was a child in Tuscumbia Alabama.

Great Grandmother's mother, Chaney (not Jenny) Napier (my Great Great Grandmother) was a slave on the JWS Napier plantation of Marengo County AL and subsequently relocated to the Dr. J.S Napier plantation in Lawrence County, AL.

Dr. Napier relinquished a Revenue Commissioner's post in Lawrence County and moved to Franklin County AL ca. 1852. Thereafter he moved to Waco (McLennon County)ca 1866. There was a Tom Napier, my Uncle who also moved to Waco TX and married a Hattie (Harriet) Williams.

As already mentioned, Great Grandmother Sophia was the Helen Keller family cook at Tuscumbia's Ivy Green homestead when Helen Keller was a child. Tom was also a cook and his son, Robert Earle Napier also became a cook. Grateful to know if this mail may help connect my family tree dots as I am sure the European Napier' may have some slave registers that would help me positon and track my ancestors origins and movement.

Though my Napier family lineage has its origins beginning with Elias Napier (Dickson County TN), hence, I am sure that there is a Tennessee connection that moved to Alabama and points beyond. Important Napier first names, as they tend to repeat themselves include the following: These would basically be children of Great Great Grandmother Chaney Napier:

Thomas (Tom) Napier
Sophia (Sofey) Napier
Laura Napier
Francis Napier
Johnson Napier
Kitty (Catherine or Kate) Napier
Mattie Napier

In closing, I have a feeling that GGM Sophie Napier was named in honor of another Sophia Napier probably from TN before family members migrated further south to Alabama and points beyond. Most appreciative for your consideration and advice.

After Emancipation, Francis married John Nance, Courtland AL and they had a son they named Johnson.

Kindly reply to my email address:

tom_mcknight@hotmail.com

Best regards and have a blessed day.

Tom McKnight

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions