Search for content in message boards

Large Group Photo

Large Group Photo

Corbet Cochran Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jan 2005 2:12PM GMT
I have a LARGE picture of about 40 individuals taken ca. 1905 in either Morgan or Magoffin Co.'s. I think it is either a ministorial meeting or a polling day. Some individuals are known, others are not. I would like some help figuring out who is who. I have the picture and a template showing who is identified and I am willing to upload it to whoever wants to view it. Just email me direct at corbet@ix.netcom.com and I will see to it that you get a copy. Thanx in advance

large picture

Corbet Cochran Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: COCKERHAM, COCHRAN, PUGH, GATES, HAMMONS, WILLIAMS, ANDERSON, ALLEN, GATES, BARKER, SALYARS, PATRICK, MORRIS, TIPTON, DINGUS, BAILEY
Picture ID's: confimations are only for absolute identifications. Other names are subjective

1.) John Wesly Pugh, Jr....................................................... husband of #13
2.) Levi Cockerham/Cochran................................................father to #32
3.) Elisha Gates.......................................................................husband of #15
4.) unknown
5.) unknown
6.) Josiah Hammons ..............................................................husband to #14 ****confirmed****
7.) unknown
8.) Gil Williams
9.) George Anderson Baily....................................................father to #33
10.) "Colonel" C.(ornwalis) W. I. Pugh .............................. ****confirmed****
11.) unknown
12.) Earl Allen ?? (probable)
13.) Mary Elizabeth (Cockerham) Pugh...............................wife to #1, daughter to #14
14.) Frankie Jane (Allen (Cockerham)(Pugh))) Hammons: wife to #6, mother to #13, #15, #17, #31

**confirmed****
15.) Susan Caroline (Cockerham) Gates............................. wife to #3 daughter to #14
16.) unknown
17.) James Robert Cockerham/Cochran............................. son to #14 (first marriage) ****confirmed****
18.) unknown
19.) Loman Barker..................................................................brother to James (Jim) Barker
20.) unknown
21.) John P. Salyars
22.) Valentine Cockerham/Cochran
23.) Leona Allen..................................................................... wife to #32
24.) Sherman Patrick
25.) James Monroe Allen...................................................... ****confirmed****
26.) "Uncle" Jesse Morris.................................................... father of Ren Morris, brother to #28
27.) Tom Tipton
28.) John Morris.................................................................... brother to #26
29.) unknown
30.) ? Dingus
31.) Issacc Wilburn Cockerham......................................... son of #14
32.) Ephriam Cockerham/Cochran..................................... son of #2
33.) Steve Bailey................................................................... son of #9
34.) unknown
35.) unknown
36.) unknown
37.) unknown
38.) unknown
39.) unknown
40.) unknown

large picture

bart hammond (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Thanks!!!! Lets fill in the rest of the names

Large Photo

Sarah Dingus Smith (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dingus
I believe the Unknown Dingus in the photo is probably William Dingus.He and his brother Charles(Doc)came to eastern Ky. from Wise County Va. Charles died prior to 1900.Any of their sons would have been too young.

Re: Large Photo

cheryl dingus gosnell (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2002 6:39AM GMT
i'm thinking the pic you have of william dingus maybe my grandfather. if you could would you send the photo to my email. would be greatly appreciated. sincerely, Cheryl Dingus Gosnell

Re: large picture

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 2:09AM GMT
i wold love to see the picture my grandmother is william dingus gggranddaughter

Re: large picture

David Dalton (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2005 6:24AM GMT
I am inquiring about an older post that you made about a group photo involving Pugh's
Allen's Barker's etc. I believe that some of my ancestors may be in the photograph.
If possible, could you forward me an electronic copy with any current info you have?

I am looking for my great-grandmother Gillian Davis Dalton Pugh. After my great-grandfather
George W. Dalton died (between 1883 and 1894) Gillian remarried John Wesley Pugh
in 1895. Gillian is descended from the Davis's and Lykins clans.

I have info on these family lines which I am happy to share.

Thank you...

David Dalton

Re: Large Photo

Posted: 1 Aug 2010 6:37PM GMT
Wondering if you were able to identify the William Dingus photo. I just began researching my Dingus line and am unable to locate the parents of my William.

William R. Dingus born Oct 1861 Scoot County. He married
Martha E. Lane in 1890. They had the following children.
Rosa b. May 1886
Ira V. b 1890
Sarah K. b 1893
Emma F. b 1898
Lemuel S. b 1901

It appears William & Marth divorced between 1911 & 1920.
I think Willaim became a rolling stone. I don't find him anymore even under alternative Dingus name spelling.
His youngest son Lemuel seems to have picked up his rolling stone gene. As I find him in few records. I however think he
may have been married to my great aunt Ethel Rose Frazier.
If anyone knows anything about these two I would appreciate hearing from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions