Search for content in message boards

William Haskin

William Haskin

Posted: 27 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: Haskin, Corkill, Tangeman, Bartlett, Clark
Looking for connections to William Haskin Born August 29, 1833 in Oswego Co., New York. First marriage to Rosanna Ruth Clark. Second marriage to Mary Bartlett. Believed to have worked on canal boat.

Re: William Haskin

Posted: 23 May 2003 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: Haskin, Flanigan
I had some distant Haskin relations born in Oswego County, New York. My direct ancestor (Heber Haskin) was living in Sterling, Cayuga County in 1830. I know some of his descendents settled in Oswego -- my family had Haskin and Flanigan cousins living in Oswego in the early 1900's.

Please contact me if you think there may be a connection.

Posted: 25 May 2003 6:22PM GMT
My Haskins came to Nebraska around 1860 ???. My ggrandfather was William Hasking who married Mary (maria) Bartlett in ILL. His father was John G. Haskin who was born in about 1809 in Courtland, Washington Co., NY. Most of their children were born in Onondaga Co.??. As you can see most details are very sketchy. Do you think there is a connection?
LIZ

Posted: 26 May 2003 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: Haskin
I don't find a direct connection with any of the names and dates I have at this time. I have some information on a Erastus Haskin & Anna Wilcox, who had some children born in Oswego, New York, but not a John or William specifically.
My direct Haskin family line was originally from Vermont, and they moved to New York in the early 1800's. There were many, many children, and I tend to think the similarities in location is not just a coincidence. I'll post again if I can find out any more information.

Posted: 3 Feb 2005 1:51AM GMT
Surnames: Haskin(s) Jewett Terrill Bogue Vincent
I would be interested in information you might have on Erastus Haskin. I found his name in Jefferson County, NY documentation. GGgrandfather was born in Jeff County about 1811 and I just found out that Erastus was there about that time. I've been up against this brick wall for three years - any information you could provide would be appreciated.

Sara L. Sjoberg (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2005 2:10AM GMT
Surnames: Haskin, Wilcox
According to my copy of the privately published "A Haskin History Volume II: Descendants of Richard Haskins of Taunton, Massachusetts Through His Son Daniel" (compiled by Joseph A. Haskin in 1981):

ERASTUS W. HASKIN was born on February 4, 1799 in Rupert, Vermont and married 1st Miss Smith in New York in 1823. Their children were:-
(i.) Sarah Jane Haskin.
(ii.) Harriet Emeline Haskin
(iii.) George Haskin
ERASTUS married 2nd Anna Wilcox. Their children were:
(iv.) Robert William Haskin
(v.) Julia Ann Haskin
(vi.) Erastus W. Haskin Jr.
(vii.) Josiah Haskin
(viii.) Alvin Haskin
(ix.) Mary A. Haskin
(x.) Abraham Ralph Wilcox Haskin
MR. HASKIN was a sailor. He died on March 31, 1859 in Glenora. Anna was born in 1801 and died on December 25, 1876 in Oswego.

ERASTUS' parents were Heber Haskin and Sarah Rossman (my 5th Great-Grandparents). The book gives more information on each of Erastus' 10 children. If you think this may be your branch, let me know, and I will scan in the information and give you all of the details.

I should note that the Haskin book I have was based mostly on information collected from various family members, so all facts/names/dates/places should be checked against solid sources.

Regards,
Sara

Linda Haskins (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2005 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: Haskin(s) Jewett Terrill Bogue Vincent
Thanks so much for your prompt reply. None of the children's name fit my Haskins family. Gggrandfather's name was Harley (born in Jefferson Co. NY) and he had a brother named Russell (probably Russell Jonathan). Like so many, he started out in New York, went to Pennsylvania, Ohio, and then to Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas and then to Oregon where he died. I have Civil War pension papers and widow's pension papers, so I have quite a bit of information, but I can't make it back to the previous generation - someday.

Posted: 29 Dec 2006 6:19AM GMT
HELLO,
JUST WONDERED IF WE HAVE A CONNECTION IN OUR FAMILY.
JOHN & UNICE (AKA - ANNETTA & EUNICE) HASKIN BOTH BORN IN COURTLAND, WASHINGTON, NEW YORK. JOHN'S B/D 1809
DIED IN ROCA CEMETERY, LANCASTER, NEBRASKA DIED ON JAN 20, 1890.
THEY HAD 17 KIDS.
JAMES HASKIN 1828
LIME (LYMAN) HASKIN 1830
MATILDA HASKIN 1832
JOHN WILLIAM HASKIN 1832
KING SOLOMON HASKIN 1836- MY 4X GREAT GRANDFATHER
CHARLES HENERY BEDFORD HASKIN 1837
MARY HASKIN 1839
MARGARET HASKIN 1839
ELIZABETH J HASKIN (JANE) 1843
FRANCES A HASKIN 1845
MARCHA HASKIN 1847
NEHAMIAH HASKIN 1853
HARRIET C HASKIN 1856
DAVID L HASKIN FEB 16 ?
PATIENCE DEFINIA (AKA- PESH-DAUGHT-DOT)HASKIN 1835
MIKE HASKIN ?

JUST WONDERED IF THIS IS THE HASKIN FAMILY YOUR TALKING ABOUT. MY 4X GREAT GRANDFATHER ALWAYS LIVED IN THE OSWEGO -SCHROEPPEL -CLAY- AREA. SANDRA SULLIVAN

Posted: 29 Dec 2006 6:19AM GMT
HELLO,
JUST WONDERED IF WE HAVE A CONNECTION IN OUR FAMILY.
JOHN & UNICE (AKA - ANNETTA & EUNICE) HASKIN BOTH BORN IN COURTLAND, WASHINGTON, NEW YORK. JOHN'S B/D 1809
DIED IN ROCA CEMETERY, LANCASTER, NEBRASKA DIED ON JAN 20, 1890.
THEY HAD 17 KIDS.
JAMES HASKIN 1828
LIME (LYMAN) HASKIN 1830
MATILDA HASKIN 1832
JOHN WILLIAM HASKIN 1832
KING SOLOMON HASKIN 1836- MY 4X GREAT GRANDFATHER
CHARLES HENERY BEDFORD HASKIN 1837
MARY HASKIN 1839
MARGARET HASKIN 1839
ELIZABETH J HASKIN (JANE) 1843
FRANCES A HASKIN 1845
MARCHA HASKIN 1847
NEHAMIAH HASKIN 1853
HARRIET C HASKIN 1856
DAVID L HASKIN FEB 16 ?
PATIENCE DEFINIA (AKA- PESH-DAUGHT-DOT)HASKIN 1835
MIKE HASKIN ?

JUST WONDERED IF THIS IS THE HASKIN FAMILY YOUR TALKING ABOUT. MY 4X GREAT GRANDFATHER ALWAYS LIVED IN THE OSWEGO -SCHROEPPEL -CLAY- AREA. SANDRA SULLIVAN
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions