Search for content in message boards

Willey/Buttle Drayton Somerset England

Willey/Buttle Drayton Somerset England

Traci Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2001 9:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Willey/Buttle
Am looking for records on William Willey and Mary Buttle, married in Drayton Somerset England
Two sons born around 1850's
Any info or if you are in same line, please contact me!

Re: Willey/Buttle Drayton Somerset England

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 6:06AM GMT
I have a Mary Buttle born in 27 APR 1835 in Regents Park, Middlesex, England (not too far from Somerset) in my distant relation. I do not have a husband on file for her though. If you'd like you may have a look at my tree... the time frame is definetly possible that she had two boys in the 1850's. Email me anytime:

-Mel
littlemalynda@aol.com

Posted: 10 Jan 2009 10:04AM GMT
Dear Tracey,

I believe this William Willey is the brother of my GGG Grandfather Robert Willey.

and their parents are George Willey and Sarah Webb.

Several Willey decendant's arrived in Australia which including Willam and Mary Buttle's son Joseph Willey and his wife Anne House or Howes? along with his 2 cousins Alfred and Fanny Wheadon(my GG Grandparents)and Frederick and family. I also believe Robert Willey came to Australia too still trying to work this out.

Do you have messages on other message boards?

I guess you may have a lot of information on this family already no doubt.
feel free to say hello anyway.

regards Susan

Posted: 10 Jul 2009 5:56AM GMT
Hello Susan
The Willeys you mention in your message are also in my family tree. I am descended from George Willey and Sarah Webb through their son William who married Mary Buttle. My gg grandfather was Henry Willey, the brother of Joseph. Frederick and Alfred were their cousins. All came from Drayton, Somerset.
I have a lot of information on the Willey and Buttle families but it seems I don't have your line to the present.
I was just talking to my cousin, Bob Willey, who has found the Robert Willey you believe came to Australia. He is buried in the Drysdale Cemetery on the Bellarine Peninsula.
I hope to hear from you soon.
All the best
Robin

Posted: 6 Jan 2011 3:04PM GMT
My Great Grandmother was Eliza Willey parents Joseph Willey & Ann House Eliza married John Eastley at Torquay East Devonport Tasmania on 25th September 1866 Eliza was born 17 December 1848 Drayton Somerset England there are some of the family with the spelling Willie here in Tasmania the reason some say is the name was a spelling mistake when registered on some marriages they settled in Victoria first but Joseph and Ann moved to Tasmania and settled in the Port sorell District my Grandfather John Joseph Eastley was born at Greens Creek Port Sorell,

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 7:01AM GMT
Hi Welcome to the Willey Family tree.

Joseph Willeys cousin Alfred (is my GG Grandfather)

Susan

Posted: 16 Mar 2012 10:48AM GMT
Surnames: Dunn Don Donne Willey
Robin,
I am also a descendant of George willey and Sarah Webb.
My GGG grandmother was Hannah Willey, daughter of george and sarah. Hannah married William Dunn [Don, Donne] in Drayton Somersetshire, their son Hugh Dunn married Elizabeth Lavis in Drayton Somerset in 1845, Hugh Elizabeth and theeir sons William and James Dunn came to Australia in 1849 on the ship "Hope" as did some other Willeys from Drayton Somerset. I have not worked out the exact relationship betwen the Dunns and the Willeys but I am sure there has to be one.
I would like to know if you have Hannah Wiley on your tree.
Regards Marie

Posted: 16 Mar 2012 11:22AM GMT
Hi Marie

If Hugh came out on the ship Hope, with the other Willeys
they are all first cousins.

Joseph parents are (William Willey) and Mary Buttle Alfred and Fredericks Parents are (Robert Willey) and Elizabeth Leah. Hughes mother (Harriet Willey) and William Donne(dunn)? All those in brackets brother and sister and children of George Willey and Sarah Webb.

regards
Susan GG Granddaughter of Alfred Willey.

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 5:33AM GMT
Hi Susan
Thankyou for the information. Do you any more information
on the Willey Family. I have only research the Dunn side of the family until now. I am going to England in June and plan to visit the Drayton area, so I am trying to cellect as much information about the ancesters as possible.
Best wishes
Marie

Willeys on "Hope"

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 7:53AM GMT
Marie
Good to hear from you. The Willeys on the Hope with Hugh and Elizabeth Dunn were cousins. The Joseph on the Hope is an older brother of my gg grandfather Henry Willey who came to Australia with his wife Jane (Lock) on the Nestor in 1854. Joseph settled in Tasmania and Henry at Macedon in Victoria. The Frederick and Joseph on the Hope were sons of Robert Willey son of George and Sarah (Webb) and they settled in the Bellarine Peninsula area in Victoria.
If you are interested I can send you more on the Willeys as a gedcom file. I am not sure if I can do it through this site. My email is robinob at bigpod.com Replace the at with a @ of course.
All the best
5th cousin (I think)
Robin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions