Search for content in message boards

Oliver Wright, NY and IND.

Oliver Wright, NY and IND.

Posted: 16 Oct 1999 9:07AM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2003 3:32AM GMT
Searching for Olive and Amanda Wright possible from NY, since children were born there in the early 1800's. The family is on the 1850 Noble Co., Ind. census. One son, Reuben Wright married Sarah WILLETS and had children in Noble County, 1860's. Their children: Oliver Amanda and Ernest Wright.
Any info would be appreciated.
Please e-mail me: CHARLLEWIS @ aol.com

Re: Oliver Wright, NY and IND.

Posted: 21 Jul 2002 1:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wright, Goodell, Willets
Oliver and Stanbury Wright were brothers. Their parents are belived to be William Wright and Charity Skinner from Vermont.

Oliver was born in New York (biography in county history) or Vermont (census)in 1799 (tombstone). He married Amanda Potter in New York in about 1830. Oliver and Amanda had seven children:

Ambrose m. Ruth Goodell and Adeline Roth
William
Charity m. Anthony Cramer
Reuben m. Sarah Ann Willetts
Mary Jane m. John Critchfield
Jonathan
Oliver, Jr. m. Sybil Clapp

Oliver died in 1866 and is buried in Hooper (King) Cemetery, in Swan Twp, Noble Co, Indiana.

Stanbury was born in Vermont in about 1806. He married Mary Flagg Potter in Buffalo, Erie Co, New York, in 1830. I know of nine definite children, but have seen listings for more.

Stanbury died in 1886 or 1888 and is buried in Jefferson Co, Colorado.

Oliver and Stanbury were among the original settlers of Swan Twp, Noble Co, Indiana, between 1834 and 1837 (probably in 1836). Stanbury later moved to Ringgold Co, Iowa, and was one of the original settlers there. I know that his nephew Ambrose traveled with him and other family members (including nephew William and daughter Elizabeth) may have gone with him.

Oliver and Stanbury and their families are mentioned in Wanamaker's History of Harrison Co, MO; the F.A. Beatty & Co. Counties of LaGrange and Noble, IN; and Early History of Ringgold Co, IA, by B.M. Lesan.

Any further information on this family (particularly, their ancestors) would be much appreciated.

Fred Karr

Posted: 21 Jul 2002 8:13PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2003 3:32AM GMT
Fred,

I have info on Ruben and Sara Willetts Wright in Texas where they died. Their dau., Olive Amanda Wright married Charles Egerton Lewis in Texas and died there. Olive lived until the mid 1960's I believe in the Uvalde Co., Texas area.
If you need this data, please let me know. I was so grateful to receive this earlier data on the Wrights.

Charlene Smith Lewis

Judith J. (Wright)Blackman (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2003 7:49PM GMT
Fred & all related Wrights,

The elusive (to me at least) Oliver Wright (brother of Stanbury Button Wright & Family! What a nice surprise!

I have compiled a Broderbund Family Tree Maker file of descending lineage from Stanbury Button Wright & Mary Flagg Potter.

I am the youngest child of Stanbury Wright III, Judith Jean (Wright) Blackman b.1/06/47, Everett, Snohomish, WA. Apparently they counted Stanbury Button Wright as the first as my family has always just listed his name as Stanbury I, with his date of birth, place and time of death. That's all the information we had on him until I began collecting information a few years back from people on the Internet. Does anyone know if there were any other siblings of Stanbury & Oliver?

I can personally verify the information of descendants from Stanbury II, as I grew up amongst most of them here in Washington State.

Thank you for your post.

Judy Wright Blackman
blkmn36@earthlink.net

Posted: 24 Sep 2010 1:36AM GMT
Fred,

I've cyber-chatted with you in the past but just found this informational link today and thought you and others would be interested. It details Oliver and Stanbury's parents and further on Stanbury.

http://iagenweb.org/ringgold/biographical/bio-wrightstanbury...

If anyone has questions, please e-mail me.

Judith J.(Wright)Blackman WA State
blkmn36@earthlink.net

New e-mail ...

Posted: 1 Jan 2012 9:21PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2012 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Wright, Sarten
To any and all of the 'Wright' line, searching: My e-mail has been changed and I'd like to note it.

I have extensive information (face to face knowledge)of all the 11 children of Stanbury Wright II b. 1940, Vergennes, VT. and his wife Mary Frances Sarten/Sartain. My Father was Stanbury Wright III b. 15 Nov. 1904, Eureka Springs, Carrol, AR
d. Aug. 1973, Everett, Snohomish, WA.

Judith (Wright)Blackman b.06 Jan. 1947 (I'm the youngest of my family's 4 children.)

e: blkmn36@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions