Search for content in message boards

Decendants of Margaret nee Hughes North Wales

Decendants of Margaret nee Hughes North Wales

Posted: 23 Oct 2010 9:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Margaret Hughes Penygroes, North Wales
Looking for family we know that did live in Toronto. My grandmother's sister was Margaret nee Hughes who was born in Penygroes, Caernarfonshire, North Wales. She married a man called Esmor (surname not known) and they had a daughter called Daisy and we think it was she that married a military person and emigrated to Canada. I have a family tree for this branch and my father would love to find more about this branch.

Re: Decendants of Margaret nee Hughes North Wales

Posted: 24 Oct 2010 12:36AM GMT
Surnames: Williams Hughes
There is some information here http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

A Maggie Hughes married Esmor Williams in June Quarter of 1934. There was a Daisy Williams, mother's maiden name Hughes, also born June quarter 1934. This was in Caernavon. There were no marriages for Daisy Williams, but it is possible the records don't go far enough.

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 3:59PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Hughes, Aldous, Morten, Jones
I am researching one of the daughter's of Esmor Williams and Maggie Hughes. Do you have any further information. I've just started on this research for a client. Myself nor my client live in Wales and its proving difficult due to the surnames involved.

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 5:26PM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2013 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Hughes
Maggie Williams (nee Hughes) was my grandmother (Catherine Jones) sister and I know that she had Daisy in 1934, Joan in 1936 and a George in 1938. We do know that Daisy married someone in the forces and moved to the Toronto Canada area to live. I have 1 aunt who we think may have still kept in touch with Daisy's family for a while so I will get in touch with her and get back to you if I have any more info. If your clients are decendants of Joan or George I would love to hear from them as I have done quite a lot of research on their mothers maternal family tree in Wales going back to 1805. Hope all this is of help to you.
Regards
Sue

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 6:20PM GMT
Hi Sue, this is great. I work with Joan's granddaughter Lianne and we are trying to piece together the tree.

We are struggling with the Hughes/Williams name as its very popular :) we also have many Jones'.

Can you send us details directly?

Emma (dot) peek (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks Emma

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 6:46PM GMT
I also found the following:

Daisy M Williams = James W Anderson
Dec 1952 in Eton, Berkshire (was Buckinghamshire).

Eton is where Daisy's sister Joan married.

Daisy M Anderson emigrated to Canada on 21-JAN-1953, she was 18 and a housewife.

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 9:26PM GMT
Great info on this, at least now we have a surname. I had tried to research this in the past but was not very familiar with the area.

I have emailed you directly with more information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions