Search for content in message boards

Murray Arthur Alstet - from Lithuania

Murray Arthur Alstet - from Lithuania

Posted: 5 May 2009 4:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 May 2009 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Alstet
Trying to reach family of Murray Arthur Alstet I have informtion on the Alstet Family.

Re: Murray Arthur Alstet - from Lithuania

Posted: 5 May 2009 6:22PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2009 11:38AM GMT
Surnames: Alstet
Donna,

The 1930 Census shows that Murray and his wife, Oda, had one son, Maynard, 14 months old (so born around 1929).

In the public records, there is a Maynard H. Alstet, born January 1929, living in 1989 at 600 Biltmore Wy, #317, Miami, FL. He also lived in 1988 at 495 Biltmore Wy, in Miami.

John Peters

Posted: 5 May 2009 6:52PM GMT
Murray and Philip died within days of each other, but Murray did have one son. He is a Dr. or Denist I posted this; has on his family tree he does not have anything on his Father's side which I do. There was not a contact on the tree and I do not have a phone number as I believe it is unlisted.

Thanks John for your help

Donna

Posted: 8 Apr 2011 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Alstet, Knofsky
Murry Alstet was my uncle by marriage to my Mother's sister, Oda Knofsky. I would be interested in more information.

Posted: 8 Apr 2011 8:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2011 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: Alstet, Reis
Murray Alstet's mother Fanny Reis Alstet, was a sister to Isaac Reis b 1864 in Lithuania d. 1944 NY, The family came to Bethlehem, Pa as Isaac was a butcher, and the family followed. Murray' father is buried in Bethleham, Pa Fannie in NY, I do not have a lot of infor on Oda, but will be happy to share what I do have. Thanks Donna

Posted: 9 Apr 2011 2:18AM GMT
Surnames: Alstet, Knofsky
In the other post I indicated that Murry Alstet is my uncle by marruage to my Mother's sister, Oda Knofsky. Their son Maynard was a doctor (Allergist)practing in Florida where he recently died on January 16, 2011, at age 82.

Posted: 9 Apr 2011 2:47AM GMT
I am sorry to hear that. I have not talked with Myron Reis since December and he would have been the only one that would have known. You can e-mail me at evanskrum@aol.com I have worked on the Family history for several years now but not on Oda's side mostly on Murry Alstet side. I have a family tree on ancestry.com if you cannot see it, if you will send your e-mail address I will invite you. I had gathered quite a few pictures that you might like to see. Issac and Annie Reis had three childres, Morris( Maurice), Daisey which were born in Lithuania then David who was born in Bethlehem. Issac had two sisters Rose who never married and Fanny who married Mendel Alstat, Mendel Alstat died 1928 in Bethlehem, Pa. their two sons Philip and Murray were born in Lithuania I have their records of college, immigration papers and ship records if you would like that. Fannie is buried in NY close to Isaac. Do you have any information where Fannie was born in Lithuania or where Murray was born? I have had no luck in finding the name of a town and it may not even be there any more. Thanks Donna

Posted: 18 Jan 2012 3:40PM GMT
Surnames: Alstet, Reis
Hi Donna,

My name is Marty Zimmerman. I was searching online and came across your conversation with John Peters. My grandmother, who just passed on January 4, 2012, was the oldest child of Maurice Reis and Myron (Uncle Mike as we called him), also recently passed on June 26, 2011. His wife Jane passed away yesterday. They knew Murray's brother, Rabbi Phil, very well as he is buried in the same cemetery plot as both of my grandparents and other relatives at Montefiore cemetery in Queens, NY. As for where they came from in Lithuania, we do not know this. We do know that Isaac Reis' parents were named Mosheh Reis and Deborah Reis (nee Shaffer). The family tree is set up on Geni.com.

Warmly,

Marty

Posted: 18 Jan 2012 4:00PM GMT
Hi Marty

My name is Donna Evans, and I am the Texas girl that met your Mon (Barb) in Dallas a couple of years ago. I am so sorry that Jane has passed away, your Mother had sent me a short line about her Mother (Edith)after she returned home from NY. I had spoken with Jane and Myron several times over the years that I had worked on the Family Tree. If you would like you can e-maill me at evanskrum@aol.com I wish you and your family peace in this time of loss. Donna

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 4:03AM GMT
I have the family tree of Murray Arthus Alstet his brother, and parents. His Mother was Fannie Reis Alstet, who's brother was Isaac Reis. Isaac Reis had 3 children David who was born here is my Mother's Father. I would greatly appreciate any information that you have and will me bore than happy to share anything that I have. You can reach me also at evanskrum@aol.com

Thanks
Donna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions