Search for content in message boards

ROBIRDS/ROBERTSON

ROBIRDS/ROBERTSON

Posted: 31 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Aug 2001 3:07AM GMT
Looking for ANY information on the Robirds family. I was
told most of them are from Greenup County. My gggrandfather
was James Asbury Robirds and his wife was Elizabeth Gibson.
Had several kids: Mary Catharine married French ROBERTSON.
Also Hiram (aka Harm), Lewis, Dessie, Ernest, Dorsey, Scott,
Lilly, Annie (married a Franklin), Martha and Courtney.
James and Elizabeth are rumored to be buried at Mt Olive,
in Kehoe. Can anyone give me information on this side
of my family?

Thanks,
Elaine Campbell

Family

ADRIA ROBERTS (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ROBERTS, ROBIRDS

James Robirds and Elizebeth Robirds are my husbands grandparents. Dorsey is his father,although our last name is spelled Roberts Dorseys was also.Some of the family chose to use Robirds. James and Elizebth are buried at Mt,Olive cemetery in Greenup Ky.The cemetery is located at east tygart. Also uncle Hiram is buried there.I decorate their graves each year.So you must be a long lost cousin. keep in touch. Adria also if you need more info. email

Robirds Family

Roger Edgington (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Robirds
Greenup county- My Grandmother was Annie Robirds ( She married William Franklin and they had four boys and a girl.
Dewey, Robert, Wilson, Dorsey and Mary Magdaline. Mary married Daun Edgington in Ohio in 1944. They had three children Roger, Donn and Carol(Gommper)

Re: ROBIRDS/ROBERTSON

Posted: 22 Aug 2007 5:19AM GMT
Surnames: Robirds/Robertson
James Asberry & Elizabeth Gibson Robirds are my great grandparents. My grandmother is Lilly Roberts, she married my grandfather Arch Robertson. My wonder father is Walter Robertson who we recently lost in Oct. 2006. I have some dates of family members on both sides if anyone needs them but I also need some info. if there's anymore relatives out there that can help me.
Back when I was young I lived on Robertson's flats with my parents for about a year or so. My grandfather Arch Robertson is also buried @ Mt.Olive Cem.in Kehoe, Greenup Ky. I have quite a few family members still living in Carter & Greenup Counties. Feel free to email me at missdaylene@yahoo.com
Thank you for reading my message.

Posted: 18 May 2012 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Robirds, Roberts, Robertson, Gibson
Hi Daylene, fancy seeing you here :). It's your cousin, Paula, and I am searching for information on the family as well. I'll just Facebook you :)
Love you!!!

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 2:10AM GMT
Hi! Daylene, Rich and I were there a month ago. Arch is buried in the Kehoe cemetery and we took pics, too. Rich and Natalie cleaned their headstone. Gma Lillie's Name is on the headstone but the death date is blank since she remarried and was buried in Caledonia. All Robertson kids of Arch and Lillie are buried in Kehoe too. Uncle Jun made crosses for them (Minnie Inez, James, Harold... I

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 5:14AM GMT
Hello Elaine,
Yes I know Grandpa is buried in Kehoe as well as some of his children & siblings. When we lived down there I use to go there & clean up their stones & just walk around looking at the dates and I think that's what really got me into the whole family tree project. It's been a great journey.. I'd like to get grandma's date of death put on grandpa's stone but I dont know who to contact,, guess I need to check into that huh? Yet another project.. LoL
Take Care

Posted: 15 Jun 2013 6:19AM GMT
My great grandmother, whom I remember well, was Mary Catherine Robirds who married French Robertson. She belonged to James and Elizabeth Gibson Robirds. I can remember, barely, Elizabeth G. Robirds coming to my home just before she died. She lived to be 100 or 102 years of age! Two of their (French & Mary C.)children are still living here in Lincoln Co. KY. French & Mary C. moved here from Greenup Co when my grandmother was a small girl. Uncle Hiram Robirds moved here too and I remember his house well. It seems George A. Roberston, French's father moved with them and Hiram Robirds who was left to see to their belongings left behind in Greenup Co. soon followed.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions