Search for content in message boards

Jackman ancestors from Devon - North and South Tawton

Jackman ancestors from Devon - North and South Tawton

Posted: 30 Mar 2005 4:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Sep 2012 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: Jackman, Powleslan, Stoyle
I am searching for more information on my ancestors who were from the Devonshire area...
both North and South Tawton.

Thomas Jackman and Anne Powleslan were my 3rd great grandparents. One of their 7 children,
James Jackman, was my great great grandfather. He was married to Ann Stoyle...

Ray Friess

Re: Jackman ancestors from Devon - North and South Tawton

Anna Rakestrow (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2005 8:56PM GMT
Im one of the Jackman Line from South Tawton Devon England .
And i live in Devon

Ray Friess (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2005 9:19PM GMT
Anna:
Can you help me out with any of my ancestors? I have lots
on them after they came to this country and would love to
share information with you..
You can also contact me direct at rayfri@highstream.net
Ray Friess

Susan Bellefeuille (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2005 1:16PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2012 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: Jackman,
Hello your message was passed onto me by another Jackman Researcher.

I was wondering if there was any possible connection between our Jackman Families...the earlier ancestor I have are to brothers

William Jackman and Benjamin Jackman
who married in Nether Wallop Wiltshire . in 1657

William to Catherine Broads July 1657
Benjamin to Dorothy Chittie September 1657

I realize there is a bit of a distance between these to places, but you just never know if there may be connection somewhere!

Please contact me at bellefeuille@csw.ca

Regards
Susan Bellefeuille
Ottawa Canada

Kathleen Puls (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2005 9:05PM GMT
Surnames: Jackman, Nowlin
Hello Anna - I hope you can help me. My 3rd great grandfather was Michael Jackman, from the Devon/Cornwall area. He was b. abt. 1760 and emigrated to Co. Kilkenny, Ire. He married Elizabeth Nowlin, either in England or Ireland. I found records for his children Maritn, b. 1790, Charles (my 2great grandfather) b. 1793, and Anne b. 1798 - all born in Co. Kilkenny, the Dunmore region above Kilkenny City.
I have been trying to locate his birthdate/birthplace but have had no success to date. Thanks! Kathleen

David Ferris (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2005 11:02AM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2012 12:30AM GMT
Hi Anna,
I have Jackmans from South Tawton on my wife's tree. I have James Jackman son of Alexander Jackman baptised in 1730. He married Anna Wonnacott in South Tawton 21 October 1753. Jame dies in 1803 and Anna in 1804 in South Tawton. They has th efollowing children James, William, Alexander, Joan and Arthur. I would be intereste dif there was a connection.

Posted: 26 Nov 2005 10:54PM GMT
Surnames: Jackman
Opps ! Sorry i haven't posted any replies on here but as always ive been looking for names to add to The Jackman Tree !!!
The Jackman Family Tree has grown so much over the past few weeks that it has been a bit of a pain!!
My poor husband is going to report me to Green Peace because he say the reason we have Globle warming is because All the Rain Forests are on our dining room Table (paper ive jotted down notes on !!) Opps Soory World !
Now back to the matter in Hand
My Jackman Tree goes right the way back to 1640 to Thomas and Maude Molly Grey right up to ME !!
Now i have lots of other family branches going off MY direct family so if you all let me know who it is your looking for i MIGHT BE able to help !!!says she !!
So bear with me on this one please cos i have got rather alot of TREES on my table and need to sort them out in to a proper sort of order !!! Filling was never my strong point!!
Thanks everyone Anna xxxc

Posted: 26 Nov 2005 11:13PM GMT
Hi David .
Sorry ive taken so long to get back to you .
YES BINGO welcome to my Jackman family tree .
Ihave gone back 8 generations and Alexander and Joan Pidler were my x6 great grand parents my x5 greatgrand father was James Jackman married to Anna Wonnacott their son James was my x4greatgrand father married to Jane Ackrell their son James was my x3 grand father married to Sally Andrews their son Samuel was my x2great grand father married to Mary Ann Withers their son Gloster Reuben Samuel was my x2 greatgrand father married to Ellen Main their son George was my Grandfather he was married to Annie Mary Fenton Sims and thier Son Reuben William Jackman WAS MY DAD !!!
Hope you got all that ....If you need any info please email me dprakestrow@tiscali .co.uk
and i'll try to help you out .
i have lots of branches leading off this lot so i should have what your looking for Luvs Anna xx

mark collins (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2006 3:52PM GMT
Surnames: jackman
i have A BIG FAMILY TREE OF THE JACKMANS dating back to 1640 ,
THOMAS1 JACKMAN1 was born 1640, and died 1709. He married MAUDE MOLLY GRAY. She was born 1640, and died 1713.
my grandmother was catherine ellen frances jackman

if youd like more info on this please email me id love to share this with you oioigeeza@yahoo.co.uk

Posted: 25 Oct 2006 4:12PM GMT
Mark,

do you have any JACKMAN folks (or variants such as JACKAMAN, JACKERMAN, etc.) in Suffolk, UK?

PSW
per page

Find a board about a specific topic