Search for content in message boards

JORGENSEN Kaj - Born 9 November 1907 DENMARK Mother: Anna Father:Hjalmar

JORGENSEN Kaj - Born 9 November 1907 DENMARK Mother: Anna Father:Hjalmar

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 4:20AM GMT
Classification: Military
Surnames: JORGENSEN
Searching for information on my grandfather Kaj Jorgensen his siblings and his parents. Kaj was Born on 9 November 1907 in Denmark and left Denmark at an early ages (late teens)as far as I am aware to work on the ships and eventually was a Merchant Seaman. He arrived In Australia(unsure of dates) married Myrtle Pearce and had two children Shirley and Kay Jorgensen.

I am struggling to find any information, the only document I have and his family have in Australia, is a copy of his seaman certificate. I have searched Archives, Ancestory, Veterans etc and I am not able to pinpoint any further details.

His siblings: Fredrick, Ejnar & Hans
Father: Hjalmar Jorgensen
Mother: Anna Jorgensen

Unfortunately the only documentation I have is his Seaman Certificate. United States Department of Commerce port of New York August 2 1943, serial number Z 272 332 D 1

He passed away in Tasmania, Australia 1979 as a Veteran(Australia and American).

If you can help in anyway please let me know :)
Attachments:

Re: JORGENSEN Kaj - Born 9 November 1907 DENMARK Mother: Anna Father:Hjalmar

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 3:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Maybe this will help?
Hjalmar Frederik Jorgensen, son of Frederik Hansen Jorgensen and Ellen Marie Kristensen, born 31 Dec 1879
wed
Anne Katrine Haagensen, daughter of Hans Rasmussen Haagensen and Ingeborg Kirstine Godtfredsen, born 27 March 1883
on Sept 3 1901 n Marstal Kirke, Svendborg Amt, Denmark

They had:
Frederik Hjalmar Jorgensen. b. Jan 17 1904
Ejnar Jorgensen, b. May 17 1905
Hans Jorgensen, b. July 7 1906 (perhaps died young? I didn't find him listed with his mother and brothers on the 1930 census)
Kaj Jorgensen, b. Nov 9 1907
Hans Ingvard Jorgensen, b. June 4 1909
(all born in Marstal parish, Svendborg)

J Murphy

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 4:14AM GMT
Thank you so much, for your help, may I ask how you got this information :)

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 5:45AM GMT
Found a passenger list that showed that he was born in Marstal, so looked in the parish records...
They are available online at Arkiversonline. You have to browse, and some of the images are better than others, but they have the parish records for most of Denmark from the 1700's through the mid 1900s (and it's free) In Marstal's case they have records from 1698 through 1950.

I did find a couple other tidbits for you:

Ingeborg Kirstine Godtfredsen was born in Marstal parish Jan 7 1864 - parents Mads Godtfredsen and Ane Kirstine Erikson

Hans Rasmussen Haagensen was born Mar 15 1858 - parents Johan Peder Haagensen and Sidsel Kirstine Rasmussen

Frederik Hansen Jorgensen was born Jan 3 1835 - parents Johan Christian Jorgensen and Dorthea Sophie Hansen

(There were 2 Ellen Marie Christensen's born in Marstal at about the right time and I haven't had time to look for her marriage record yet. Hopefully that will tell me which is the correct one)

J Murphy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic