Search for content in message boards

J. A. Newell

J. A. Newell

Amanda Newell (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2001 8:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Apr 2003 7:27AM GMT
Surnames: NEWELL, KNIPP, GILBERT, LAWHORN

I am looking for any information that help me connect the lose ends of my family history. My GG Granfather was J.A. Newell. But some knew him by AB. He married Molly Knipp in Carter County. After her death he moved to Elliott County and Married Essie Ellen Gilbert Lawhorn Newell. Any help will be very grateful.

Re: J.A. Newell

C W Butler (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 6:53AM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2003 7:28AM GMT
Surnames: KNIPP, GILBERT, LAWHORN
Amanda:

I have a Mary Ellen Knipp b:18 May 1878 m:17 Oct 1900 James Newell b:abt 1875. Would this be your gggrandparents? Gee, any chance that middle initial "A" would stand for Abraham? How many kids did James and Mary "Molly" have? Do you know any more about Essie Ellen Gilbert Lawhorn? Did she and J A have any issue? Do you know the name of her first husband? Did they have any issue?

Posted: 1 Aug 2001 2:06PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2003 7:29AM GMT
Surnames: LAWHORN

I don't know her by anything but Molly. She is buried somewhere in Carter Co. Don't know when she was born or anything haven't found her grave. The "A" in James' name we have it standing for Albert. Her and James had 4 kids. Lenoard, Archie, Ethel,Oal. All we know about Essie is she was a Lawhorn before she married James. No clue about her first husband or any kids. James and Essie had one kid. His name was Darrious.
Posted: 5 Aug 2001 8:29PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2004 6:44PM GMT
Surnames: Newell
Amanda i have a Aaron Newell and family in Carter Co Ky.Aaron was my GGgrandfather lived in CC all his life, i think, my gaunts & uncles and others lived in CC KY.

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 9:38PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2003 7:30AM GMT

Could you find out if Aaron had any brother's I don't know any Newell's with that name.
Posted: 6 Aug 2001 1:03AM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2004 6:44PM GMT
When was JA born & who was his father if you know. Jack

Posted: 12 Aug 2001 10:22PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2003 7:31AM GMT

On his Tombstone it said he was born in 1850. Don't know who his father was. But on a death cert. I found on the internet it was a diffrent date.

Re: J. A. Newell

Betty Hebert (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2003 11:21PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2003 7:32AM GMT
Surnames: Newell, Barbour
I am looking for a Jack Newell that lived in Lafayette, La. on the 1920 census, wife named Margurite, son Louise (I think) and a Lucy Barbour, adopted daughter. 1920 census rollT625-615, page 13b, ed 32, image 815. I believe the Lucy Barbour is my half sister. age 11, b. in Texas, father Ind. Mother, La. Will GREATLY appreciate any info you may have or ever heard of.
Betty

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 1:48AM GMT
MY father is Darrious Newell. His mother was Essie Ellen Gilbert Newell. She was not married to the Lawhon but had 3 children by Leeander Lawhon. Little Leeander, Darrious and Eula. Little Leeander and Eula both died as babies. Daddy was adopted by Ab Newell when he was in the army. They are both buried on the old home place.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic