Search for content in message boards

Mignier, dit Lagace,Lagasse,Meunier

Mignier, dit Lagace,Lagasse,Meunier

Posted: 6 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 12:09PM GMT
Surnames: Mignier, Lagace, Lagasse, Meunier, Morin, Poitras, Duguay, Ouellet, Berube, Pelletier, Thibault, Michel, Michaud, Masson, Mercier, Dube

I am searching for all relations to these surnames. In France,Quebec and USA and other countries. I am a decendant of Andre Mignier dit Lagace, and our name is now Meunier. I have traced it this far, up and down my lineage. How wonderful to be able to find out about our ancestors, and meet new people and cousins..world wide. thanks to the web.
Email me at: LKlave@webtv.net

Re: Mignier, dit Lagace,Lagasse,Meunier

Posted: 6 Jul 2001 4:46PM GMT
Hi:

I am descended from Andre too. His parents were Michel and Catherine MASSON b.c.1612 in France.They were married 16/4/1637.You must already know these items, but I thought I'ld include them to see if they match what you have.
I'ld like to hear from you so that we can compare notes.

Sincerely
Rhondi

Posted: 15 Dec 2001 2:55PM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2003 12:07PM GMT
I am looking for information on Euphemie Langdo(Lango,Landeau) daughter of Pierre Langdo & Anna Cote. I can't find any info. on this line. Euphemie was married to Fermin(Denis)Lagace, son of Fremin Lagace and Henriette Berube.
I am hoping that in your research you might have come across some information on her family.
Sara Roy

Posted: 15 Dec 2001 3:06PM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2003 12:07PM GMT
My husbands family is also decendents of Michael Mignier and Cathrine Masson. I am trying to find information on Euphemie Langdo. Her parents were Pierre Langdo and Anna Cote. I cannot find any information on this family line.
Euphemie was married to Firmin (Denis) Lagace, son of Fremin Lagace & Heriette Berube.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me
Sara Roy

Barbara Matthews (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2005 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: Cote, Levesque, Roy, Michaud
Michel and Catherine are my 8th G Grandparents, then Andre, then 2 of his daughters. I have 14 Apr 1635, St-Martin, Ile de Re, LaRochelle, France, as a marriage date. Would really like to compare lines.

Posted: 25 Jan 2008 2:23AM GMT
My ggggg grandfather was Charles Mignier dit Lagace.
His father was Andre (fils) Lagace and mother, Francoise Ouellet.
Andre's father was Andre (pere) Lagace and his father was Michel Mignier dit Lagace. Michel was born 1610 - Ile-de-Rhe, France and married Catherine Masson.
Do we share that much?
Theresa Lynn Lagasse Trawick (1955)

Posted: 25 Jan 2008 2:24AM GMT
I am also descendent of Michel Mignier dit Lagace, though I have he was born in 1610.
Theresa Lynn Lagasse

Re: Mignier, dit Lagace

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 7:07PM GMT
His birthdate is unknown. The date 1610 is just guesswork, based on the fact that he was married in 1635. Also, Michel Mignier was never known as Lagassé; that nickname belonged to his son André, who was a soldier (men left their civilian name behind when they joined a regiment, and, as long as they were soldiers, were known by their nom de guerre).

Posted: 28 Jan 2008 8:15PM GMT
We share that much and more. You can contact me at dubam@yahoo.com and I will let you know what I have, it is just too much to post here

Barbara

Posted: 21 Mar 2009 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Mignier, dit Lagace, Lagasse, Meunier
My gggggggg grandfather was Michel Mignier dit Lagace born approx 1610 in Ile-de Rhe, France and married Catherine Masson.

My grandfather Philip Lagasse was born in Weedon, Quebec. It is my understanding that his father changed the name to Lagasse from Lagace. From my grandfather's family many moved west - some settling in Gravelbourg, Sask (my grandparents were married there)and some moved to Alberta settling in the Bonneyville and St. Paul area. St. Paul has a park named Lagasse Park. My grandfather, his immediate family (Leo Lagasse my uncle), Omer Lagasse (my uncle) Margaret Lagasse (Aunt) and my mother Sylvia Lagasse born 1939) eventually settled in Mallardville, BC (suburb of Vancouver) My grandfather's youngest sister Regina Lagasse when she married her last name was Meunier.

I would be interested in whatever information people may have to share.

Glenda Yearley (Edmonton)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions