Search for content in message boards

Boyd's of Springvalley, Shannon Co.

Boyd's of Springvalley, Shannon Co.

Posted: 4 Nov 2002 2:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Feb 2005 4:36PM GMT
Need info on the Cornelius Carmach "Mack" Boyd and Mary Miranda Rodgers Family. Ch were Mary Etta, Dorthy(Dollie) who married Levi Keeling, George F,Bill, John W.,James A, Alice M, Oliver C(Tobe), Christopher C, Sarah E, Cecil E.

This family was listed in the 1880 and 1900 shannon co censuses. Mack and Mary Boyd were divorced in 1910. Sarah and Cecil attended school at country sch named willow springs which was very near Ink. It seems like this family just disappeared. Any help much appreciated!!!!!!! Keith Powell

Re: Boyd's of Springvalley, Shannon Co.

Posted: 11 Sep 2006 3:51AM GMT
Surnames: Boyd
I am looking for John Keith Powell.
My Grandfather was the James A. Boyd listed as one of Mack & Mary's Children, in John Powell's 2002 Query.
James A Boyd was killed in an accident in Gunnison, Colorado, early '20's, when my Father was 3 years old. Mack was living in Sterling, CO at the time of James' death, and according to the Obituary, attended the Funeral.
In the 1920 Census, Mack went by Cornelius C., and listed himself as Divorced, but his wife Mary in the same Census, listed herself as Head of house & Widowed.
I was at a dead-end, until I found your Note. I had seen a Carmach in one of the Census, but did not know who he was. I only knew my GGrandfather's name was Cornelius C. Boyd. I also knew my GGrandmother's name was Mary M Boyd, but not her maiden name. Thankyou for that information!
I believe my Father's Uncle Tobe, died in New Mexico, in the mid '70's.
We have very little knowledge of the Boyd family. We are Very Interrested in any information.
So encouraging to see someone else interested! John Boyd

Re: Boyd's of Springvalley, Shannon Co.

Posted: 6 Feb 2011 6:33PM GMT
Just found your 2006 post in response to my 2002 poston the Boyd family. Please contact me keithpow@fidmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions