Search for content in message boards

John HENRY Family

John HENRY Family

Posted: 19 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jan 2002 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Henry, Belyew, Kirby, Bittle, Smith
Would like to hear from descendants of John HENRY born about 1730? where? died in Anson County, NC Jan-Oct 1772. His wife's name was Catherine. After John HENRY's death, she married Abraham BELYEW. Does any one know her maiden name? She died after 22 Dec 1819 in Anson County. John and Catherine HENRY had the following children: William HENRY, who married Margaret or Margery. He died between 1810-1815 in Anson County; Philip HENRY, Sr., who married Sarah Kirby; George HENRY died after 1819; John HENRY died after 1819; Elizabeth, died before 1819, married Mr. BITTLE. Catherine HENRY had a daughter, Mary Jane BELYEW by her second husband. Mary Jane BELYEW married John SMITH.

William Henry descendants

Christy (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Henry
I am researching a William Henry born in North Carolina around 1801 married to Elizabeth? They had 6 children one of whom was also a William C. Henry born in Anson County around 1834 (my gggrandfather), I was just wondering if you knew of any of the children to the men you mentioned above or if you knew if maybe we belong to this line? Cant find parents of the 1st William Henry, can you help?

Thank you,

Christy

Henry Family Connection

Edward Henry (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Henry, Hardy, Brown, Beard
Christy

My GGGGrand father was William Henry of NC his son William C Henry. I am stuck also! Get back to me I have some info to share!

Ed

John HENRY Family

Posted: 23 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2002 5:53PM GMT
Surnames: Henry, Huston, Houston
In response to Catherine who married John HENRY and Abraham BELYEW. Does any one know her maiden name? She died after 22 Dec 1819 in Anson County NC. My files show her as being Catherine HUSTON (Houston)

Catherine's maiden name

Posted: 24 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Henry, Belyew, Huston, Houston, Smith
That's interesting. I would like to know more about the source of your information that Catherine, who first married abt 1750 John Henry and second married abt 1775 Abraham Belyew was a Huston or Houston. I have no primary source for her maiden name. "The Family Tree Book" compiled by W.Thomas Smith in the 1920s states that the father of Catherine Belyew (wife of Abraham Belyew)resident of Anson County, NC was Philip Smith. I am very interested to know as much as possible about Catherine. If we can find out something about her birth family, it may lead us to more information about John Henry. Which of Catherine's children is your ancestor?

Descendants of William Henry

Posted: 24 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Henry, Woods, Latta, Collins, Van Hook
Do you have specific dates and places of your William C. Henry's birth and death and a list of his children? If you will post it or send it I will compare it to my list of names. My line:
John Henry, who died in Anson County, NC in 1772, and wife Catherine
One of their sons was William Henry, who died about 1812 in Anson County, NC and wife Margaret "Margery" Woods
One of their sons was William Henry, who lived in TN and TX where he died in 1884. He was married to (1)Ann Latta and (2) Julia Collins Van Hook

John HENRY

Laurie Thibeault (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
I am not sure that the John HENRY of Anson County is the same as the John HENRY who married Catherine Houston and who was, I believe, from Mecklenburg County, NC. I believe that the John who married Catherine HOUSTON was a brother to James HENRY, also of Mecklenburg, who had ties to HENRYs in Augusta County, VA. I have wondered if they might be connected to the HENRYs of Lilesvile, Anson County, but have not yet found a connection. --- Laurie

William C. Henry

Posted: 10 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2003 4:51AM GMT
Surnames: Henry, Williams
Looking for heritage of William Cohen Henry born 1883, Lilesville, Anson Co., NC. On his marriage record in Logan Co., WV he list his parents as G.J.Henry and Fanny V. Willaims my access to North Carolina Info is limited, can you help or do you know someone who can. Thanks Jim from West Virginia

William Cohen Henry

Dee Dee Jones (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: henry
I have found some information on William Cohen Henry. His parents were George Jasper Henry and Fannie Bennett Williams. They had 7 children. We have been able to go back a little further but would like to find any information that is available.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions