Search for content in message boards

Person County NC CLAYTONs

Person County NC CLAYTONs

Posted: 28 Jul 2000 10:34AM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2001 5:32AM GMT
Anyone with any info on father of James C Clayton, or researching this line? Thanks!
Sandi

Clayton's of Person County

Larry Coleman Riggs (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2000 9:36AM GMT
The only James that I have in my database
without an initial is a James(1803-1849) who
married Mary Ann Long in 1840. Is this your
James? You may email me at riggs@hiwaay.net.

Claytons of Person Co.

Posted: 14 Nov 2000 4:26PM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2001 3:07AM GMT
I don't know if it will help but when I was looking for my Claytons I saw a good many Claytons in the 1860 and 1870 federal census records for Person County, North Carolina.

Re: Clayton's of Person County

Posted: 3 Oct 2005 9:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you have any information on this line? I have a James Clayton b. abt 1802 in Person Co NC. I have his parents as John Daniel Clayton and Frances Franky Long.

Patricia` (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2005 3:46AM GMT
Surnames: Clayton
Hi, I'm looking for a James Clayton also. All I have on him is in the 1850 Henry Co., TN. census. He was living with his son William Isham Clayton. Isham was b. abt 1823 in Tn. On census James was listed at the age of 65 making his birth abt. 1785. 1860 census for Williamson co., IL. shows James age 80, this would make him b. 1780. But your James b. 1802 would fit better. James would have been 43 at the time Isham was born. I've been working on this line for abt. 6 yrs. now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Patricia Clayton Holifield

Carrie Stone (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2005 1:41PM GMT
Patricia I do not think these are the same James Clayton's. I have mine dying in 1849 and with no William Isham as a son. To my knowledge my Clayton's were all from Roxboro, Person Co., NC. If I find any more information relating these lines I will let you know. I am sorry I was hoping for a link too.

Carrie

Re: Person County NC CLAYTONs

Posted: 23 Jun 2007 9:16PM GMT
I am sure the info you need is located at www.geocities.com/claytonresearch/

Re: Person County NC CLAYTONs

Posted: 4 Apr 2011 3:36PM GMT
I sure do wish that we could find a current Clayton Surname male who descended from the Clayton's of Person Co who would participate in the Clayton/Cleaton DNA project!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions