Search for content in message boards

Bobola, Lazarek, Kozdra, Wantuch, Dzwonek

Bobola, Lazarek, Kozdra, Wantuch, Dzwonek

Posted: 29 Mar 1999 9:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Aug 2010 11:23AM GMT
My Polish ancestors lived near the southeastern border, in the villages of Mszanka, Moszczenice, and Luzna--near Gorlice. Seeking contact with anyone related to these families.

Bobola

Posted: 9 Apr 1999 10:41PM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2003 4:00PM GMT
Surnames: bobola
Researching families with the surname Bobola from the New England Area.
Posted: 10 Apr 1999 12:09PM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2003 9:06PM GMT
I have found many Bobola families in the southeastern part of Poland in the near the foothills of the Tatras. It's reasonable to assume that your Bobolas may have come from there also. What is the time frame for your family in New England?

bobola family history

ed babola (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 1999 8:24AM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2003 9:28PM GMT
our original name was bobola. my grand parents moved from poland to scranton pa. i think around 1900. trying to trace family history.

bobola family

ed babola (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 1999 9:21AM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2003 9:26PM GMT
carol all i can find at present time is ST. Andrew Bobola who was born in the Palitinate of Sandomir in 1590. do you have anymore information about this time.

wantuch

Maryellen Tobiasiewicz (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 1999 2:27PM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2003 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: wanluch
This name appears in my line from Luzna/Gorlice area. I think the name is actually Wanluch, with that funny squiggle through the L. Please contact me.

Posting on Lazarek

Paul Lazarek (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2000 9:54PM GMT
Edited: 8 Oct 2003 3:22PM GMT
Surnames: lazorka, lazorek
Not really sure what part of Poland my grandparents came from. In fact certian of my relatives spell their last name "Lazorka".
My grandparents lived in Pittsburgh for most of their lives and had relatives in the nearby town of Ambridge PA. I also know of some relatives who lived in Williamsport PA. Not sure if any of this is of help to you but I was curious to see a query on the name "Lazarek". For the longest time I thought I was the only one with that name.

Wantuch

Ursula (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 1:59PM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2003 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Wantuch
My maiden name is Wantuch, it is also Wantuch in Burzyn, Tuchow, Poland. They have been in that area of Poland for a few generations.

WANTUCH (VAHN-too), or, WANLUCH (VAHN-woo)

Jerry Zaloga (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 3:17PM GMT
There are two BURZYN's in Poland and one is near Tuchow close to Tarnow in Galicia, once Austrian-dominated. Gorlice, mentioned by Maryellen Tobiasiewicz is a further 10+ miles south of Burzyn, so there must be several WANTUCH families from the southern part of Poland. There's a lot listed in the several Ancestry.com databases, maybe even in the others/Myfamily.com, FamilyHistory.com, et al.. Best of all check the LDS/Mormon FamilyHistoryLibraryCatalog/FamilySearch for Polish parish/town microfilms. Use <Shtetlseeker-Towns (Zoom-in or use DISTANCE feature to get nearby villages that may have churches). The PGSA in Chicago has books on parish locations, both as of recently AND,way back in time. Only problem with LDS is they've missed filming many Galician parishes so you may have to write to the Polish Civil/Panstowu or Church/diocese ARCHIVES to obtain the records- this will cost you some money and you will have to supply them with a lot more info than if you were to rent the LDS films from Salt Lake City(at your local Mormon church/stake). You might want to join the PGSA- go to pgsa.org for their databases. Also, PolishRoots.com. I see from Ancestry.com databases show a LOT of names. Check your papers and SSDI!

WANTUCH

Anna Braun (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2001 8:19AM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2003 2:13PM GMT
Surnames: Wantuch, Slowik
I am looking for WANTUCH family from Radoma, Hradiszko, and Jodlowka Tuchowska. My gr-grandparents were Josef Wantuch(1869-1943) & Juliana Slowik. They left Galacia in 1909 for the United States and settled in New Jersey.
Please contact me at Polycarp2c@aol.com, or post a repy here.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions