Search for content in message boards

Z Gibson m. Viney Carter 1869 Rapides Parish, LA

Z Gibson m. Viney Carter 1869 Rapides Parish, LA

Posted: 10 Jun 2006 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Aug 2006 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: gibson, carter, hite, perkins, hight
Z Gibson married Viney Carter 22 Dec 1869 in Rapides Parish, LA.

Believe she is the female listed as Lavinia Gipson widowed & age 30 in household 70/71 of the 1880 Rapides Parish census. Living with sons Virece 13, Sustan 10, Asa 8, John 5, Joe 2 & daughter Frances G b Sep 1879.

Have found her listed as Vina Hite (widow) on the 1910 Calcasieu Parish census as HOH of 385/410. Living with her is son Susta & his daughter, Virga. (He's on the 1900 census with wife Christine & dau Virgie). Next to them in 386/411 is son Asa Gibson & family.

Asa & his brother are buried at Fountain Cemetery in Calcasieu Parish, LA. I believe their mother Lavinia (Vina) to be Lavinia Carter (b 1846(, sister to my 3Ggrandmother, Levisa (Vicey) Carter and a look at the online cemetery listing says she was a Carter.

Can anyone confirm that she was the sister of Levisa (Vicey) who married Robert A Perkins?

Does anyone know who the parents of Z Gibson were & how he is related to Zedekiah Gibson (1800 SC - 1869 Rapides Parish, LA) who married Sara (Hite) Hight (also my 3Ggrandparents)?

Re: Z Gibson m. Viney Carter 1869 Rapides Parish, LA

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 10:49PM GMT
I just came across your reply to my post.I was suprised to read that great- grandma Viney had so many children. I remember daddy speaking of his Uncle Asa and Uncle Sustain. But he never mentioned the other children. I am hoping to find out the date of death for Zediciah Gibson.Running into a lot of dead ends. I think you so much for all the information that you provided. It's more than I had hoped for! If you come across any futher information ,please contact me.Thanks again.

Posted: 3 Oct 2007 6:49AM GMT
Surnames: Gibson
Hi!

Haven't done any more work on this couple, but if I find out anything else, will let you know. You can email me privately if you wish.

Have Viney's husband listed as Z Gibson (guess it was probably Zedekiah) and have his death listed as before 15 Jun 1880 as she's listed as a widow on the census of this date for Rapides Parish.

Take care!

Lisa

Posted: 16 Nov 2007 6:50PM GMT
You know as I was rereading through several of the messages ,I remembered my Daddy ,Eugene Gibson ,speaking of a Vicey and his grandmother ,Viney..Do you know of a lady who lives in Dequincy ,La.,Helen Wilson Gibson who has a lot of Gibson family history?

Posted: 17 Nov 2007 9:24AM GMT
Surnames: Gibson, Carter
No, I don't know Helen Wilson Gibson (but would like to).

The Lavinia (Louisa/Viney) Carter who married Z Gibson had a sister whose nickname was Vicey (b abt 1833).

Thanks for replying.

Posted: 17 Nov 2007 12:57PM GMT
Do you have any pictures or can refer me to book published along the Gibson/Carter Rapides Parrish line? I have written to the Historical Society but never received a reply..

Posted: 19 Nov 2007 8:07PM GMT
No, sorry I don't.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions