Search for content in message boards

Denver Twp Cemetery and Riverlawn Cemetery

Denver Twp Cemetery and Riverlawn Cemetery

Posted: 17 Nov 2002 12:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am having a problem locating the mailing addresses for Denver Twp Cemetery and Riverlawn Cemetery.

I know that Riverlawn Cemetery records are online at the Isabella Cty GenWeb site but there seems to be a problem with the records for my ancestors that are buried there.

So if anyone has the correct mailing addresses for Denver Twp Cemetery AND Riverlawn Cemetery, please e-mail me at: beans@rocketmail.com

Thanks!

Re: Denver Twp Cemetery and Riverlawn Cemetery

Tammy Prout (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2004 7:38PM GMT
Currently my family is the sexton at the Denver Twp. Cemetery (aka Riverlawn). Any information you might be seeking I hope I could help you with. Don't hesitate to make contact.
P.S. Isabella county has a cemetery named Riverside and Riverlawn. Riverside is located in Mt. Pleasant, and Riverlawn is located in Denver Twp. Hope this helps you. Tammy

Rick Prosser (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2005 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: Guppy, Foster, Moore
Tammy, If your parent's are still Sextens of Denver Twp. Cemetery ,Could you have them look to see if Joseph and Sarah Guppy are Buried there. I know they lived in Denver Twp. in 1884. Do you know how I could get in contact with the church there, so I can go through the records?
Thanks
Rick
E-Mail ricker91461@yahoo.com

Tammy Prout (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2005 4:00AM GMT
Hi Rick,
I am currently the record keeper for the Denver Township Cemetery, and I checked the records and didn't discover any listings for Joseph or Sarah Guppy. Would you happen to know where they would have lived around that time? I would also need to know if they attended the Methodist or the Catholic church in the area? I have access to the records for the Methodist church and could point you in the right direction for the Catholic church if you need that too.
Let me know if I can help you ok?
Good Luck,
Tammy

Posted: 2 May 2005 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Guppy, Foster
Mon, 2 May 2005 13:57:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: "rick prosser" <ricker91461@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book
Subject: Denver Twp Cemetery- Guppy Family
To: tlep77@yahoo.com

Hi Tammy, I think they lived in Denver Twp. because I have a copy of a marriage certificate for John G. Foster and there daughter Mary J. Guppy. They got married on Dec. 4 1884 in Leaton Twp., by A.R. Muterspaugh Justice of the Peace, witnesses were Frank and Esther Rose of Leaton Twp. I don't know if they were Methodist or Catholic. I will go to the Court House and look for a land records if I need to.
Let me know if any of this will help?
Thanks
Rick Prosser

Posted: 2 May 2005 10:20PM GMT
Surnames: Guppy, Foster
Hi Tammy, I found Joseph and Sarah Guppy in the 1880 Census living in Denver Twp., and he was a Farmer. But they were not in the 1900 Census. They have a daughter Alice that was 4 years old born in England and a son Albert 2 years old born in Michigan, so that puts them in Michigan in 1876.
I have a picture of John G. and Mary J. 'Guppy" Foster they were maried on Dec 4 1884 and Mary was only 16 years old so I am guessing that Joseph and Sarah Guppy were still around.
Thanks
Rick Prosser

Tammy Prout (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2005 12:17AM GMT
Wow, talk about a very ironic coincidence. Last Friday I received a call from the city clerk, asking about a F. and E. Rose family from Leaton, MI. He was wondering if there were any family still in this vicinity, and I really didn't know of any. I was born and raised in Leaton, and still live nearby, and didn't think they lived here very long. Now, I get an email from someone looking for a Foster/Guppy family name and you mention Frank and Emily Rose. How strange is that?
Well, anyways I checked the cemetery records for Denver Twp. and we do not have any of those families buried in our cemetery...however, I do know that Frank and Emily are buried in Riverside Cemetery...in the city of Mt. Pleasant. So, I am guessing that is where the Foster/Guppy families would be buried too. You can contact Rob Flynn who is the city clerk and have him check records for you ok? This is his phone number (989) 779-5360. Hope this is of some help to you. I would however love to know if you do discover where they lived in the Leaton area you would let me know...as I started the Denver Township historical society and that would be helpful information to our society. (Thanks)
If I can help you anymore...let me know...and if you discover which church they attended...I will help you with that too.
Tammy

Posted: 2 Apr 2006 3:16PM GMT
I am Thomas Muterspaugh and I read with interest your posting re. A R Muterspaugh. My ggrandfather was Andrew Reynold Muterspaugh (b. 1848) and lived in Leaton. He came to Mi from Ohio and opened a blacksmith shop in Mt. Pleasant but we never knew that he was a JP. Thank You

Posted: 27 Jan 2007 3:49PM GMT
Hi Tammy, my name is Greg Yancer and I am married to Janis Monroe. She is the g-daughter of Charles and Hazel Monroe and Eugene and Elinor Bullard. Currently I am researching her family history which also includes the Littles, Cluleys, Reases, Moggs and a few other families. I was interested in the fact that you started a Denver Twp. Historical So. Would like to know more about it.

Greg

Posted: 17 Feb 2007 10:08PM GMT
Hi Greg, I know of both your relatives you were referring to..(CHarles & Hazel and Eugene & Elinor) Elinor lived one mile north of me! I also know you are related to the families you mentioned too. Are you from Isabella County?
I did start a Denver Township Historical society...and only 2 people came. One has passed away and the other lost interest. So, that left just me. Since there was so little interest I stopped holding meetings. However, when some one calls me...I try to always help them. If I could get more interest...I would begin to have meetings again. Just let me know. If I can be of any help to you don't hesitate to call me or email me. My email address is: tlcp77@yahoo.com. Good luck with the researching! Tammy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic