Search for content in message boards

Clauson

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 8:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clauson
Does anyone have a connection to a Thomas Clauson i found a record that said he was born in
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland

He lived and worked in Joadja Creek , i understand alot of Scottish people worked and lived there.

I need help finding the ship he traveled on and then maybe i will be able to know who his parents were .

His wife was Elizabeth Cowie im not sure if they married in Australia or in Scotland .

Any help would be good
Posted: 25 Nov 2011 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: Clauson/Cowie
Hi,
I think I may have found their marriage in Australia.

Thomas CLAUSON married Elizabeth CORVIE [I believe that this
just might be Cowie]. Married 1881 at Redfern NSW (Reg year 1888) Registration number 20276.

I could be wrong but I think Corvie should be Cowie.

If you try Ancestry Australian Marriages (do a google if you can't find it) The google brings up a list - click top item. ....Fill in Thomas Clauson only and 1881.
It should come up.

Oddly enough, another marriage with the same names also comes up, dated 1916. ... I don't believe that!

Brian, Glasgow.

Posted: 25 Nov 2011 7:30PM GMT
Surnames: Cowie
Hi again,
I think the Cowie family were on the ship: PETERBOROUGH, arriving Sydney 4th May 1879.

Thomas 48 and Christine 45 are the parents travelling with quite a few children, including Elizabeth Cowie, aged 22 born 1857. They came from Stirling area. Some other children were Robert 19, John 16, William 14, Ellen 13, Christine 10, Margaret 5, Thomas 2.

Brian, Glasgow

Re: Clauson

Posted: 26 Nov 2011 4:18AM GMT
hi brian ,

Thanks for the reply
Im more after the records of the clausons travels , i dnt know where to begin though because i dont know Thomas Clausons parents names .

thanks for the cowie information i have already trace there line .

Tamara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions