Search for content in message boards

Violet Kerley Cypert

Violet Kerley Cypert

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 6:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for a picture of Violet Kerley Cypert, married to Jesse Anderson Newton Cypert. I am also interested in any info on Jesse who died in Civil War at Shiloh. Perhaps info on his place of buriel

Re: Violet Kerley Cypert

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 5:59AM GMT
We need dates and places in order to find any records/photos...

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 2:18PM GMT
she was born abt 1843 in tn (possible Macon) parents James Kerley amd Elizabeth Ann Roric. She was married to Jesse Anderson Newton Cypert in 1860 in Izard, Arkansas. She died in Randolph County Arkansas in 1910. I am almost certain she is buried in Igram Cementary next to her daughter, my greatgrandmother Nancy Ann Shepherd and several of her other grown Shepherd grand children. I have a picture of her husband Jesse A N Cypert but have not been able to find any of her Kerley relatives that might have a pic of her. As far as I know she and Jesse had only one child, Nancy before he went off to civil war and got killed. Thanks!

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 6:25PM GMT
Elizabeth Ann Rorie
Born-About 1804 Virginia
Death-1856 in Stone County,Arkansas

Brother Of Violet Kerley

Achilles Newton KERLEY
Birth-1842 in Wayne County,Tennessee
Death-21 Nov 1877 in Randolph County,Arkansas
Burial-Overby Cemetery, Randolph County,Arkansas
Elizabeth A. Cypert
Birth-10 Aug 1846 in Wayne County, Tennessee
Death-8 Nov 1913 in Randolph County, Arkansas
Burial-Overby Cemetery, Randolph County, Arkansas
Married-9 Dec 1865 in Arkansas
Children-
1. Sarah J. KERLEY Born-1866 in Stone County,Arkansas
2. Jesse N. KERLEY Born-1868 in Stone County,Arkansas
3. Violet E. KERLEY Born-1873 in Stone County,Arkansas
4. John D. KERLEY Born-1877 in Stone County,Arkansas

Served in Co. G, Div C, CSA, 63-64. Was convicted of murder and sent to the Arkansas State Penitentiary. When his wife, Elizabeth Cypert Kerley became ill and was thought to be dying, he received a furlough to return home. When Elizabeth recovered and lived, Achillas refused to return to prison and was killed in a shoot out with the law officer sent to arrest him.

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 3:57PM GMT
Have you tried contacting the cemetery where her daughter is buried? They'll know if her mother is there as well.

I would also post to the Kerley and Cypert boards, since it's unlikely that relatives of your line will be looking at this board.

Another possibility -- Try contacting the public library where Violet Cypert last lived. They often have "clippings" files on local people.

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 4:18PM GMT
According to this page, Violet's siblings included a brother L.C. Kerley and a sister Lucinda Kerley:

http://www.tngenweb.org/wayne/csaabstracts.htm#CYPERT, Jesse N.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 8:45PM GMT
Thanks, I am pretty certain I have seen Violet's headstone in the cementary where my family is buried. So, I am just hoping to reach a family member on her side (Kerley's) who might accidently have a photo of her they would care to share. I have a photo of her husband Jesse, and of course my greatgrandmother, her daughter Nancy Ann, just wanted one of Violet. Many thanks!

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 8:50PM GMT
Many thanks to the person in Albuquerque who answered my post. It means a lot for me to findly find a greatgreat grandfather whom I wasn't even looking for. I had learned that he may have died at Shiloh but now I have proof. Ironicaly I live about eight miles from Shiloh and even more interesting is the fact that this person Albuquerque, (Thank You So much) is where my husband is from. Up most regards to you!

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 5:38AM GMT
You had posted this again on the brick wall board, and I replied to that one, that Violet's pension says Shiloh but his service record at the time says died at New Hope Church. See my other post for images.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions