Ancestry

Search for content in message boards

Scally-Campbeltown, Scotland to Perth,WA

Scally-Campbeltown, Scotland to Perth,WA

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 7:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scally
My great grandfather's brother, Archibald Scally emigrated from Scotland to Perth in 1926. With him were his wife, Sarah(nee Reid) and children Flora, Neil, Mary & Agnes. All I know about them is that Neil served with the Australian army in WW2 . I would like to know what became of them and if there are any descendants.

Thanks, Karen.

Re: Scally-Campbeltown, Scotland to Perth,WA

Posted: 21 Mar 2009 10:15AM GMT
Surnames: scally
Hi Karen, I have only just seen your post and as it is 3 years old you may already have the information you wanted. The Scally's you mention came out to Perth with my grandparents from Campbeltown and they remained friends throughout their lives. If you do want any further info, please let me know as I do know a little bit about them. I know my mother went to a Scally funeral only a few months ago and it was from this particular branch of the family. Also my grandfather's sister Barbara McGougan married one of the Scallys in Campbeltown.

Posted: 21 Mar 2009 1:39PM GMT
Hi bracken56,

I have a little info on this part of the Scally family i.e records of Archibald's and Sarah's deaths and recently I found an obituary for their daughter, Mary who lived in the States but any information would be much appreciated. I had a look on my tree and the Scally you mention who married Barbara McGougan was Andrew McFarlane Scally, who was my first cousin 3x removed. Do you know the name of Barbara's parents so I can enter it on the tree.

Thanks,

Kind regards, Karen.

You can contact me offboard.

Posted: 26 Mar 2009 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: SCALLY
Hi Karen

Do you have marriages and deaths for Flora, Neil, Mary & Agnes? Was there another daughter named Elizabeth (Lizzie)?

Let me know and I will send them to you.

:-)
Cherilyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic