Search for content in message boards

Erickson's of Missouri

Erickson's of Missouri

Merton Marley (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2001 11:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for the Ericksons of central Missouri. Ary Ann Catherine Erickson married Spurzheim Derby about 1880?
Her father was Charles Erickson.

Thanks,

Re: Erickson's of Missouri

Doris More (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2002 6:14PM GMT
I am decended from a Mary Erickson who married a Thomas Chaney she was the daughter of Nels Erickson and Nancy Duckworth and had a brother named Charles please contact me if they could be the same family

Merton Marley (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2002 9:29PM GMT
Surnames: Erickson, Derby, Dale, Nevins, Griswold, Morse
Do you have dates/places for Mary Erickson, Thomas Chaney, Nels Erickson and Nancy Duckworth; its possible they could be the same family. Mary Ann Erickson who married Spud Derby were living in Moniteau County, MO. Spurzheim "Spud" was living near High Point, Moniteau Co., MO.

Doris Moore (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2002 3:12PM GMT
Mary Erickson b. 04-20-1876 Livingston Co., Mo. d. 02-15-1959 Galliton, Mo.
Thomas Chaney b. 10-07-1869 Harrison Co., Mo. d. 10-04-1941 Jameson Mo.
Nelse Erickson b. 02-10-1840 Sweden d. 12-05-1919
Nancy Duckworth b. 05-02-1854 Livingston Co., Mo. d. 07-08-1885

This is all the dates I have If this is the same family that you are researching please let me know.

Rick Koerber (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2003 7:45AM GMT
Surnames: Erickson, Hill, Dutcher, Derby,
I am looking for some of the same information. Charles Erickson who was married to Mary Sophronia Dutcher had a daughter named Mary A. Erickson who married Spud Derby.

I have limited info on Charles, and quite a bit of info on his oldest daughter's line (Eliza Anna Erickson). I am looking for his parents (Mathew ? and Phoebe ? ) now.

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 12:08AM GMT
Surnames: Erickson, Troxel
My maternal great grandparents were Nels Erickson and Nancy (Ellen) Duckworth Erickson. Nels was born in Sweden Feb 10, 1840, and emigrated to U.S in 1868.I don't know as much about Nancy--I think she was born in Kentucky. They were married in Livingston County Misouri in 1873. They had 6 children: Lura b.1874,Mary b.1876, Oscar b.1878, Susan Matilda b. 1880, Charles b. 1882, and Jessie b. 1885.

My grandmother,Lura,was Mary's oldest sister. A younger sister, Matilda, married Thomas Troxel and died very young after having one child, Corinne, in 1900. After Matilda's death, Tom Troxel married older sister, Lura, who was well on her way to spinsterhood at 28! They had 6 children. The youngest, Ralph, born in 1921, is my dad. He is healthy and going strong at 88. Nels lived with my grandparents and family for several years in Gallatin or Jameson, MO. He died before my dad was born, but his older siblings remembered him well, especially my Aunt Corinne, who adored him. (She was the oldest and favorite grandchild and apparently he spoiled her rotten, or so said the other kids) My dad remembers Oscar and Charles. I don't remember hearing much about Mary, but I will ask him.

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 6:25PM GMT
Hi there cousin! My Grandmother was Mary P. Erickson. She married Thomas Robert Chaney. My mother Willa M. was their 3rd youngest child. She was born in 1911 in Missouri. There are also cousins from Mary and Thomas who still live in Missouri.I am the youngest and only living child from Willa and Frank Lindsay. Grandma Chaney died when I was 10 years old. I have a first cousin Nancy who lives in the Lebanon area. Her daughter Doris is on Ancestry.com I have a friend that still lives in Jamesport Mo and remembers Grandma Chaney.

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: Erickson, Duckworth, Morgan, Neuenschwander
My paternal great grandparents were Neils "Eric" Erickson and Nancy Duckworth Erickson. Charles Milton Erickson b. May 26, 1882, was my grandfather. Charles and Minnie May Morgan, married, and had one child, my father, Nelson Burton Erickson, who married Kathleen Neuenschwander.

Charles died on April 15th, 1972, Minnie May died in August of 1946. My parents, Nelson and Kathleen Erickson, died January 1993.

I'd love to learn the names of Neils, my great-grandfather's parents, as they are listed as unknown on his death certificate.

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: erickson, chaney, lindsay
Hi there, I remember Charlea Erickson. My mother called him Charley Pete. He would come over to my grandmothers (Mary Erickson Chaney's) house sometimes. I was little and he would take me up town and buy me a ice cream. My grandmother Chaney lived in a small town in Jamesport Mo. She died in 1958. We lived in Michigan and would go down every summer for a few weeks.
I'm sorry but I don't know who Nelse Erickson's parents were. You have a few cousins from the Chaney side still living in Missouri. They are from Mary Erickson and Thomas Robert Chaney.

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: erickson, chaney, lindsay
Hi there, I remember Charlea Erickson. My mother called him Charley Pete. He would come over to my grandmothers (Mary Erickson Chaney's) house sometimes. I was little and he would take me up town and buy me a ice cream. My grandmother Chaney lived in a small town in Jamesport Mo. She died in 1958. We lived in Michigan and would go down every summer for a few weeks.
I'm sorry but I don't know who Nelse Erickson's parents were. You have a few cousins from the Chaney side still living in Missouri. They are from Mary Erickson and Thomas Robert Chaney.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic