Search for content in message boards

Huey P. Long of Winn Parish, Louisiana

Huey P. Long of Winn Parish, Louisiana

N. Bedair (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 1999 10:01PM GMT
Looking for ancestors of Huey P. Long, Jr. My grandmother, Odessa Eagles was 1st cousin to Huey P. Long Jr. Would like more info on this family tree. Family from Winn Parish, Louisiana, some in Baton Rouge, Shreveport, DeRidder.

ralatives of Huey Long

C. Long (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 1999 9:46PM GMT
I am responding to your message my grandfather is a relative of Huey Long and from Louisiana please let me know if I can help.

the longs

britt long (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 1999 7:34PM GMT
my family are desendants of huey p. my father was born in la blanc la in 1923.i have 3 uncles now living. 1 in lakes charles. 1 in houston tx. the other in mongomery tx. we have traced our roots back to the 1700's. 7 brothers landed in va. and headed west.the longs are also related to the first doctor to use an anaseptic during surgery.i am trying to find any friends of my father, benjamin h. long. he was know as herbert during his youth. he played football for new iberia h.s., and was an all state player. if you can help me with any info i would greatly appreciate it. thank you.

Huey Long Jr. - Relatives

N. Bedair (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2000 9:35AM GMT
Would appreciate any information on ancestors of Huey P. Long Sr. My paternal grandmother was 1st cousin (Odessa Eagles). Her mother was Joan Long, who I believe must have been the sister of Huey P. Long Srs. Father. I have been unable to find the connection in my search however. Email me with any pertinent information at SVGroup@worldnet.att.net or writer44@ih2000.net. Thanks, N. Bedair

Relatives of Huey Long

N. Bedair (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2000 9:38AM GMT
I am just beginning my research; however, I know my grandmother Odessa Eagles was 1st cousin to Huey P. Long Sr. Her mother was Joan Long,who I believe must have been the sister of Huey P. Long's father. Unable to trace this connection so far. If you have information, please email me.

Thanks,
N. Bedair

Huey P Long

N. Bedair (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 8:32PM GMT
If you have the names of siblings for Huey P Long Sr., could you email them to me? Any other info would be helpful also. Email address is writer44@ih2000.net. Thanks!

Long, Huey

Bill Long (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2000 9:13AM GMT
Just curious...I know that 3 Long's died on the Titanic, all three were cousins of mine. Milton Long, a passenger lived in Conn. I think, he was around 26 at the time but I beleive his father had a son or grandson who was named Huey Long..not sure. However if you are for sure a relative of one of the three Titanic victims named Long then you have just found a distant cousin who's brother has just mapped the family tree...regards Bill Long

Huey P. Long Sr.

N.Bedair (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 8:48PM GMT
I haven't been able to trace the Long ancestry back that far yet, my grandmother and her cousins (the Longs) were from Louisiana. Huey P. Long Sr. was a well known politician who was assassinated in 1935. Can you give me the names of the 3 Longs who were on the Titanic?

Long's of Ontario

Long's (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2000 6:06PM GMT
There were 3 Longs. Two worked on the ship as trimmers and the other was a 1st class passenger named Milton C. Long.I can't find the other two names right now,maybe I gave the list to my older brother who is putting the tree together. I think one was W.Long but I'm not sure of the other, but I can get it.

relatives of huey p. long

britt long (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 3:45PM GMT
I read you're message with great interest. My fathers family claims our family roots are dirrectly connected to Huey P. Long. My uncle, now residing in Lake Charles, La. insist his research proves it. My knowledge of the family is limited. We know my fathers father was named James Long, lived in Kinder La. and worked for the railroad. At one time, they enjoyed wealth, until James was injured, and unable to work. That meant that the oldest son, Elbert assumed the position of wage earner. My dad Herbert, also know as Ben graduated high school and enlisted in the Army. He spent all of WW2 fighting. Middle brother Edward worked, and joined the Merchant Marines. The youngest brother Earl, who was much younger during the war stayed home attending school. Earl went on to work for Shell Oil Co.. Edward had a paving company in Houston, and Elbert worked as an engineer for an off shore oil company. Dad moved to New Jersey in 1957, and lived the rest of his life there. If you know of anyone who may know any of these brothers please e-mail me at longclan@sprintmail.com. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions