Search for content in message boards

Mullen from Co. Galway, Ire to Crawford Co., MO

Mullen from Co. Galway, Ire to Crawford Co., MO

Posted: 16 Dec 2000 7:22AM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2001 2:11PM GMT
Where oh where have all my ancestors come from...oh where oh where can it be???? Whew!! I have been researching this bunch for going on 15 years and still only know they "came from Co. Galway, Ire". No records to show they were born there. My Mullen ancestors (that I know of): Patrick b. 1824 d. Jan. 9, 1892 Leasburg; Dennis b. 1830 d. March 17, 1900 Leasburg; Hannah b. 1837 d. unk MO; Lawrence b. Jan 1840 d. May 7, 1915 Cuba; Thomas...he is in stories by one of Lawrence's sons as the brother who would not leave Ireland and was very upset that the others would; also have the names of John (supposedly reared a family in KS and wasn't heard of or from from 50 years...can't locate this/prove the info), Katherine (a name family remembers as being one of the siblings from Ireland) and Bridget (came to America [unk when] and did not like Crawford Co., MO and headed BACK to NY...she disappeared. It was not known if she married, died or went back to Ireland...she was never heard of or from again.)
Patrick m. twice: Bridget Cummings [lived Indiana 1853ish, Livingston Co. 1854-1859 and Leasburg, Crawford Co., MO] and Nancy "Catherine" Davis in Leasburg (23 days after Bridget's death)[lived Leasburg]. Dennis m. Briget Radigan/Ratigan in NJ [lived NJ and Leasburg. Hannah m. Michael Hart and lived Leasburg, Crawford Co., and St. Louis, MO. Lawrence m. Lucinda Ray/Rhea 1870 lived Rolla, Phelps Co. and Cuba, Crawford Co., MO.
Patrick had 11 children--10 lived. Dennis had 11 children--10 lived. Hannah had 3 that I know of. Lawrence had 12 children--only 5 lived to adulthood and/or married. Patrick was said to have been a blacksmith before coming to America. He was working for the Railroad out of St. Louis (the line to Booneville, MO/New Orleans?? and then from Rolla/Salem, MO), after 1853 off and on until his death and he farmed. Dennis worked for the railroad after coming to MO sometime in late 1863, early 1864 and farmed. Hannah and Michael Hart had a farm in Leasburg, sold it to one of Lawrence's dau.'s in-laws and moved to St. Louis, where Michael was reportedly a coal dealer...they were on the 1870 Crawford Co., census. Lawrence...hmmm, several stories. 1]He came to America in 1862. 2] Upon his arrival in Crawford Co., MO he was thought to be a Union spy and was ran out of town. He then lived in IN or IL and St. Louis, saving the money he earned as a hired farm hand, until his move back to Crawford Co., MO and his marriage to Lucinda and bought acreage there...who knows for sure.
There you have it. Any and all help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Li Sullins

Re: Mullen from Co. Galway, Ire to Crawford Co., MO

Posted: 27 Apr 2002 5:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Aug 2004 6:15PM GMT
There is a Bridgett Mullen in the 1840 & 1850 Jo Davies Co., Ill census that was b. 1829 in Ireland. Could this be your Bridget that came up missing? I am searching for the parents of Aden Mullen b. abt. 1814 to 1818, possibly in Ireland or Jo Davies Co., Ill. I have often wondered if he could be connected to the Crawford Co., MO Mullens. I thought Bridget was from that line. There was also a James, Eleazer, Joseph and John in the county at the same time. John, Joseph, William Eleazer & Bridget were all there in 1840. If you can help me on Aden Mullen it would be helpful.

Posted: 31 Dec 2002 8:22AM GMT
My gggrandparents Patrick & Bridget (Francis) Mullen were born in Menlough, Galway Co., Ireland about 1808. They came to the US about 1860 and lived in NE. There children were William, Mary, Thomas, Honor, Michael, John, Ellen and Owen (my ggrandfather) m Katherine (McCue) Mullen.

I do have some info on them from Ireland. I don't know much about Patrick's side of the family.

LiRae (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2003 5:34PM GMT
Sorry. I've heard of this Patrick and Bridget Mullen several times...but, they would have been too old to have been my Patrick and Bridget and mine were never in Nebraska. Most of the children's names are not in my list of children's names. Sure wish I could have been of some help to both of us, on this one. That would have been a great Christmas gift.
LiRae.

Re: UPDATE:Mullen from Co. Galway, Ire to Crawford Co., MO

Posted: 15 Oct 2009 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: MULLEN, FEARON, FEERIN, FERRIN
You can now reply to me through my new email address. I now have the parents names of my MULLEN ancestors. My MULLEN siblings parents were Lawrence and Ellen (nee Fearon/Feerin/Ferrin) Mullen. Both listed in son Lawrence's St. Louis, Missouri newspaper death notices. Both listed as "born Ireland/born Co. Galway, Ireland". So, since it would have been son Lawrence's widow and/or one of his sons that gave this 'birth' information on his parents, I have NO idea how accurate that is, except for the fact that they were indeed born in Ireland. AND there is nothing ever mentioned of them coming to America. So, another piece of my MULLEN puzzle is in place, albeit small, still it's there.

IF you know of these people, what parish they may have belonged to/are buried at, then you can email me at:
cuaislingiw@comcast.net

Thank you,
LiRae
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions