Search for content in message boards

Relatives search - decendants or relatives of Paul Carl Wuesthoff

Relatives search - decendants or relatives of Paul Carl Wuesthoff

Posted: 15 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Aug 2003 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: Wuesthoff, Westhoff, Haas, Richard, Prest, Sites, Schulte
Our family left Detroit, Wayne County in the mid 1930's.
I would like to reconnect for purposes of family reunion and geneology exchange. In particular, I am searching for decendants or relatives of Paul Carl Wuesthoff, Carl and Dorothy Westhoff, Anna Theresa Haas, Milton and Lillian Richard, Harold and Gladys Prest, Frank Schulte and Caroline (Westhoff) Sites. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

WESTHOFF SEARCH

Posted: 10 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2002 6:33AM GMT
Surnames: WESTHOFF
Hello, I have about 34 names for Westhoff in our tree.
all from Germany. If interested email at:
SMATEJOV@SAN.RR.COM

ZAUGG connections

Ken Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ZAUGG, Seeley, Robinson
I'm trying to discover the roots of a distant relative, Arnold ZAUGG, and his brother, Emil. Emil died first as a result of a farm accident. He and his brother, Arnold, who survived until 1956 had at one time one of MT's largest dairy herds in Bonner, a Missoula suburb. To my knowledge, although Arnold married late in life Florence "Flossie" SEELEY ROBINSON, both brothers died w/o issue.

Haas family in Detroit

Trisha (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2003 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Haas
Hi, My Uncle Francis, a Catholic priest, used to visit relatives in Detroit in the 1950's and 1960's. Do you have anymore information on Anna Theresa Haas? I would be interested in knowing any family information. Thanks, Trisha

Re: Haas family in Detroit

Sue Cieslak (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2003 7:05PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2003 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: Haas, Berg, Bery
I have a Catherine Haas in my line. She married John Berg/Bery in January of 1858. Any connection?

Posted: 17 Nov 2003 7:46PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2003 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: Haas, Krieg, Nihranz, Williams, Schmidt, Fronrath, Apers, Heartman, Bischoff, Clason, Shaw
Hi. I've been searching for information on the HAAS family for a long time. There doesn't seem to have been many families with that name in Detroit during that timeframe. My great-grandfather was William HAAS, b. Aug. 1866. According the the 1880 Federal Census, Detroit, Wayne Co., Mich. his father was August HAASE, born Prussia; mother was Louise HAASE, b. Mecklenburg, Ger. His sibblings were: Auguste HAASE, b. abt. 1970; Anna HAASE, b. abt. 1871;Herm. HAASE, b. abt. 1872; and Louise HAASE, b. abt 1878. It says all the children were born in Mich. William HAASE, my great-grandfather married Eva Krieg in 1889. They had 8 daughters: Florence {Mrs. William Nihranz} b.. 1890 ;Cora (Mrs. Byron Williams) b. 1892(my grandma); Viola (Mrs. Richard Schmidt) b. 1894; Leona (Mrs Charlie Fronrath) b. 1899; Eleanor (Mrs. Raymond Apers) b. 1903; Alvera (#1 Mrs. Dewey Heartman, #2 Mrs. Ford Bischoff and #3 Mrs. William Clason)) b. 1906; Ruth (Mrs. Jessie Shaw) b. 1907; Verna b. 1909, d. 1913. I don't know anything about Williams sibblings as of yet.
Do any of these names sound familiar. Hope so. Donna Williams Kentch

Re: Relatives search

Posted: 10 Dec 2004 9:53PM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2004 1:46AM GMT
Surnames: Wuesthoff, de Haas, Hintz
My family is related by marriage to a Paul Edward Wuesthoff (1858 - 1956) who emigrated from Hamburg in the 1870s and settled near Pittsburgh, PA. He was married to a Cornelia de Haas (1870 - 1926). Paul E. Wuesthoff and his 11 brothers and sisters were all born in Germany and are the children of Carl Tredeich Wuesthoff and Wilhelmina Hintz. Most of the Wuesthoffs with whom I am familiar lived in California, North Carolina or Pennsylvania.

Lynette (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2006 3:20PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2006 3:22PM GMT
Surnames: Haas, Ludwig, Nye, Krieg
I am a great-granddaughter of Viola Haas, sister to your grandma! I have information on Eva Kreig & her ancestors bu tnot on William Haas. What I have is, Jacob Ludwig (b. GErmany 1812) married Maria Eva Nye (b. Germany 1821) and had Anne Margarita (b. 1840), Anna Maria (1842), Maria Barbara (1846-1933), Jacob (1848), Theobold (Dave) (1852), John Jacob (1855-1917), Christopher (1858), and Valentine (1863-1928). I'd love to be in touch and swap any more info we might have to share!

Donna Williams Kentch (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2006 12:29AM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2006 1:38PM GMT
Surnames: Schmidt, Williams, Haas, Krieg
Hi Lynette...what a thrill to finally get a reply to the post I did in 2003. I remember 'Aunt Vi and Uncle Dick from my childhood. We used to go to their home on Lake St. Clair when there were family get togethers. There were so many Schmidt cousins. I have quite a bit on all of the sisters and families and would love to share with you. My dad was Donald Williams, son of Cora Haas and Byron Williams. I have one Aunt (Doris) she died last year. Her son's family still lives in Michigan. Who were your parents? Are you still in Michigan.? I was raised in St. Clair Shores and Mt. Clemens. When we moved to Mt. Clemens we lived out on South River Road on the way to your great-grandparents house. I married a military guy from South Dakota. We were in AF then gov't service for 30 years but took early outs and came to So. Dakota to live in 1996. Would love to hear from you to share. We have one Krieg cousin in Northern Michigan who is doing research on Kriegs and has a lot of accurate stuff. Hope to hear from you soon. Donna

Lynette Phillips (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2006 6:02PM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2006 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: Schmidt, Phillips
Donna,
My grandparents were Marjorie (Schmidt) and Joseph Phillips, and my dad was their 5th child (of 13), Thomas (he died at age 36 of colon cancer). One of his sisters, Suzanne (who is a Notre Dame nun in Toledo), made lovely family trees for all of us, so I can follow the path to the ancestors pretty well. However, I need to see what she knows about your part of the family - if she just couldn't fit things onto the tree or if she doesn't have the information that you do. So I'll do that and get back with you. Is there some way we can exchange email addresses?

About me - I lived in Sterling Heights until I was 5 and then we moved to Alpena. I'm now in Cleveland, but most of the Phillipses are in northern Michigan or still in the Detroit area. We had a Schmidt family reunion last summer, and I believe the only ones still living from that generation are Marian (Foeller) and Elmer (known as Dutch).

Lynette
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions