Search for content in message boards

BIRDS of near Centerburg, Mt. Liberty

Robinson in Knox Co.

Loretta (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HUNTER, ROBINSON, SIMPSON, GOODIN

I have a Margaret Robinson b. abt 1789-90 Pa. married to Jesse Simpson who settled in Knox Co. I am looking for parents and siblings of Margaret Robinson. Thanks.

BIRDS of near Centerburg, Mt. Liberty

Posted: 26 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2006 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: Bird, Kinnard, Gearhart, Robinson, Bishop
I am looking for descendants of Flora M. Bird d. 1941 m. John Kinnard (Kennard) of Knox County. They lived at Five Corners. Flora and John are buried in Bird Cemetery south of Bangs. They had three daughters, Florance (m. Gearhart); Clara (m. Bishop) and another daughter who married a Robinson. Does anyone have any information in relation to Flora & John's descendants, and Flora's ancestors? I have the Kinnard ancestry. Thank you--Marilyn

Bird/Gearhart

Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: Gearhart, Bird, Burd
Hello: I am wondering who the Gearhart is that Florence Bird Married.
My Charles Simon Gearhart lived in or near Centerburg, OH Knox Co in 1878. I am just curious about the Gearhart name.
My Charles Simon's mother was Susannah Burd of Westmorland Co PA. she was dau of Randolph Burd. Susannah married John Frederick Gearhart 13 April 1846. Susannah was born, 2 April 1827. Susannah Burd's mother was Elizabeth Linhart/Lenhart.
This Burd family was supposed to have originated in the NJ or NY area.
I am trying to connect my Randolph Burd to the NJ or NY Bird/Burd families.
I have all the information on my Gearhart but was just curious since it apprears that another Gearhart lived in or near Centerburg, Knox Co. OHIO.
If anyone sees a connection, I would like to know
thank you so much
Connie Bottolfsen Loftus

Bird cemetery

Edited: 10 Jul 2001 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: Bird, Burd
Hello again:
I would like to know the exact location of the Bird cemetery . I would also like to know if there is a transcription on line anywhere containing the names of the people buried in this cemetery.

Any help would be appreciated so very much.
thanks
Connie Bottolfsen Loftus

Bird of Knox County, OH

Surnames: Bird, Kinnard, Robinson, Gearhart, Bishop
Loretta--I have just started the Bird part of the family. If I find anything out about Robinson, I will let you know.
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 9:29PM GMT
Loretta
Noticed the name Goodin in your surnames. I am looking for
Aaron Goodin, who was born in ohio, married Elizabeth Powell in Allen Co Ohio 1846. Moved on to Paulding Co Ohio, and died in Putnam Co Ohio 1894. What Goodin are you searching.
Sue

Bird Cemetery, Knox County

Posted: 28 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bird, Kinnard, Gearhart, Robinson, Bishop
> Connie:

Here is the location of Bird Cemetery. Transcript can be found at ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/oh/knox There is also another cemetery at Bangs, which has been transcribed which can be found at the same site --Marilyn

BIRD FAMILY CEMETERY

The Bird Family Cemetery is a public cemetery established in 1823 on land donated by the Bird Family. It is located south of Mount Vernon, Ohio on the north side of State Route 36 & State Route 3, Columbus Road, one and a half miles west of Bangs, Ohio.

Robinson descendants

Loretta (View posts)

Thanks Marilyn. I appreciate any leads. Please note the spellings - Robeson, Robison and Robinson in Knox County and also in Coshocton County. Thanks again.

Robinson descendants

Loretta (View posts)

Thank you for that information on Robinson(s) bordering Knox County.
Surnames: Bird, Kinnard, Robinson, Gearhart, Bishop
Loretta--

After talking with my mother, she said that Blanche Kinnard Robinson married a Richard Robinson, who had a plumbing business in Utica, OH, just south of the Knox County line. They had children Richard, Jr., Adeleine, and another daughter who never married. This daughter lived in Utica as recently as the past 10-15 years, as she purchased a home from a Dean Stillwell in that Village in that time period.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic