Search for content in message boards

Wilmer T. Phillips and Wife Elva

Wilmer T. Phillips and Wife Elva

MoonPoet69 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2003 8:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Phillips, Ritchey, George
I am a student and I am doing some research on the George, Ritchey, Phillips Family. I know that Elva and Wilmer T. Phillips lived in a home in River Falls, WI and am trying to locate their children/grandchildren. (I know that they had a daughter Ruth and a son Richard, however I don't know if Ruth married and if so what her married name would be.) I was hoping to find out where the family home in River Falls originally was as well. If anybody has any information I would be very thankful for your help.

Re: Wilmer T. Phillips and Wife Elva

Posted: 10 Mar 2003 11:14PM GMT
Elva Ritchey's mother, Eva Belle GEORGE, was my great grandmother's sister. Elva was my first cousin twice removed. I have a small amount of information about her three children, Ruth, Charles and Richard. I believe I also have the address in River Falls where my great great grandparents lived. What sort of research are you doing?

Jim Davis (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2004 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: George, Phillips
The query for information about Wilmer and Elva Phillips was posted by a student of mine. Sorry you have not received a response before now.

I am in the process of writing a book about the George brothers (James, Charles, Jeremiah, and Osman) who were in the 10th Vermont Infantry during the Civil War. There is a typescript of Charles' letters at the UW-River Falls Research Center, with a copyright assigned to Elva Phillips. I am trying to locate a family member who could give me copyright release so that I could use material from Charles' letters in my book.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 5:49PM GMT
Hi there- I don't know if you're still looking for info.. I am the youngest daughter of Richard (and Leona) Phiilips and a granddaughter of Wilmer and Elva Phillips. Please let me know if you'd still like information about my grandparents, although I'm thinking that you're not still a student. Regards, Nancy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic