Search for content in message boards

Jane Elizabeth Lilly

Jane Elizabeth Lilly

Julie Flack (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2002 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandmother, Jane Elizabeth Lilly traveled from her home in Beckley, West Virginia to Scranton, Pennsylvania to have a baby out of wedlock (my father). He was born in December of 1935. If you knew of any circumstances surrounding this pregnancy, please contact me. We are trying to discover his birth father. Thank you.
Julie Flack

Re: Jane Elizabeth Lilly

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 10:24PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 2 Nov 2013 12:42AM GMT

Posted: 27 Mar 2010 4:34PM GMT
Yes, You are right. This was my Grandmother. We found out at my grandfather's death (he wrote a letter) that my father was adopted by him and that the family had moved to Scranton because my grandmother was pregnant. I have never been able to find out anything else.

Your response was a surprise. I posted this several years ago. Thank you.

Julie Frantz-Flack

Posted: 27 Mar 2010 7:24PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 2 Nov 2013 12:42AM GMT

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 7:17PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 2 Nov 2013 12:43AM GMT

Posted: 24 Mar 2012 10:14PM GMT
Hello everyone. Jane Elizabeth Lilly was my great Aunt! My paternal grandmother, Mary Athelene Lilly Baird, was her older sister. My family was very close to all 3 sisters and all their offspring and their children and remains so to this day. In fact, my mother always claimed that "Aunt Betty" was her best friend. I grew up in Pennsylvania down the street from the 3rd sister (the youngest), Lucille Bam Lilly Bowden. My Aunt Lu is the mother of Tracey - the cousin you spoke of that is the treasure hunter. He currently lives near my parents, who are both still alive and in contact with him frequently. I even have a photo of my Aunt Lu and her Mother, my Great Grandmother Theora, in my shop. Plus, I named one of my miniature horse fillies JANE ELIZABETH (nickname "LIZZIE") after my Aunt Betty. I already owned the filly's older sister, who came with the name of MOLLY, which was Mary Athelene's nickname. Only seemed right to name the sister horses after the real sisters. Contact me if you are interested in more info. Susan

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 1:45PM GMT
Hi Susan,

If you have more information, I would love to hear from you. Please e-mail me at Juiejulfrog@aol.com.

Thank you.

Posted: 8 Mar 2013 9:45PM GMT
Mary Athalene was my beloved "Grandma Molly." I am one of six children that was born to her oldest son, William Arnold Gowder. Grandma Maolly's mom was Cynthia Jane Lilly (1870-1952)

Posted: 8 Mar 2013 9:45PM GMT
Mary Athalene was my beloved "Grandma Molly." I am one of six children that was born to her oldest son, William Arnold Gowder. Grandma Maolly's mom was Cynthia Jane Lilly (1870-1952)

Posted: 17 Mar 2014 3:32AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2014 4:09AM GMT
Molly was the GRAND-DAUGHTER of Cynthia JANE Lilly Lilly Lilly. Jane's daughter Theora Alabama "Bam" Lilly Lilly Berryhill Long Spencer was Molly's mother. I have the family Bible of Jane's parents Robert Calvin (Miller Bob) Lilly and wife Virginia (Ginny) Gore. You're welcome to anything posted on my ancestry tree Eden's Harvest. Just search ancestry for one of them to find our tree.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions