Search for content in message boards

Reece

Reece

Debi Reece (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: REECE, REESE
I am looking for the Reece Family listed in the 1870 Bucanan County census. Great Great Grandfather is Hugh A. Reece. He is listed in his parents home in 1870 at the age of 20 years. Parents names are Jacob and Elizabeth Reece. He married Harriet Blackburn between 1870 and 1874 place unknown. Both are buried in Mountainburg Arkansas. Any one searching for this famiy?

Debi

Re: Reece

susan (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2002 6:23AM GMT
may confuse or may help - here goes - the only Hugh Reis/Rees/Reese/Reece I have is: Joanna Eggers b.1787NC d.1851 m.1804-6 Valentine Rees, Jr. b.1785NC (her brother was Hugh b.1/28/1785); their firstborn was Hugh Reese b.1806 d?m. Elizabeth Wilson (5) children - this Hugh sounds abt right for grandfather/;great grandfather status if Elizabeth's name is a match to your Hugh. I posted to another thread today the lineage of Valentine.
Posted: 18 Aug 2004 3:32PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2005 3:31PM GMT
Surnames: reece, harmon,greene, wilson,issacs
My great-great grandfather was Issac Valentine Reece, son of Hugh Reece (born 1806), who was the son of Valentine, Jr. There are several Hugh Reeces in the census data for Johnson County. They are most likely all kin. I am looking for more information on the Reece family.

Brenda Harris (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2004 9:33PM GMT
Valentine reece is my family line as well. I am looking for more information on Delora Alice Reece.
Posted: 2 Sep 2004 2:32PM GMT
Will look for D. Alice Reece. From what branch are you from. Our family is from the Avery County branch, Beech Creek area. My dad was 51 when I was born so I remember some of the old Reeces from that area.
Posted: 13 Sep 2004 3:05PM GMT
So far I have found one Alice Reece in the Watauga County census for 1920. She was or is the daughter of Arlie and Ollie(?) Reece, Cove Creek, North Carolina. This is only a start. Do any of these names sound familiar. She was around 2 years old at the time.

Nancy Key (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2004 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: Reece
This sure do get confusin!!! On my "tree" I have Hugh Reece (1806) son of Jacob (1772 Wilkes, NC - 1846 in Johnson County, Tenn) Reece & Hannah Silvers. Jacob was the brother of Valentine Jr.( 1774 Ashe County, NC - 1873, Trade, Johnson County, Tenn)
Posted: 6 Dec 2004 4:32PM GMT
Hello, Cousin First of all, I would like you to know I have a sister named Nancy!! Our family seems to like the same names. Her middle name is Beth, so she is the Elizabeth of our branch of the Reece family and I have to be the Sarah (Sally) of the family. I don't think they meant it to be that way but they did like to namve their children after relatives. Untill I started doing family research I did not know there were so many Hugh Reeces. There is no doubt the Hugh Reece born in 1806-7 is my great-great grandfather. He and Elizabeth are buried at Beech Creek, North Carolina along with his son Issac Valentine. I have not been there since the late 1980's when I would take my father, James Blaine Reece to visit. (They also named their children after political figures). My father was 51 years old when I was born so I had an older family. They tended to be like the Waltons family and continued to cook on wood stoves at least into the 1960's, if not until the 1980's. I did not realize that so many Reeces had moved out of the mountains until I started my family research. I should have started this earlier but computers have not advanced enough. Wish you all could have met some of our older Reece family members. Some of them lived into their hundreds. This Jacob Reece you have mentioned must have been an uncle to my Hugh Reece. I still have not figured out all the Hugh Reeces but believe most were first cousins. All probably were named after Hugh Eggers. When we used to go to North Carolina with Dad, he talk about the Eggers, the Isaacs, the Duggers, etc. I do not know if he knew that they were all cousins one way or another. Contact me again, please.
Posted: 7 Oct 2010 3:07AM GMT
Debi, I saw your post from 2000 and you may not still be here but I too am a decendant of Hugh A. Reece thru his son Lawson Gilbert. I would love to share info. Thanks
Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions