Search for content in message boards

Rolfes in Hampshire.

Rolfes in Hampshire.

Posted: 15 Jan 2007 8:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching the Rolfes from Andover, Hampshire. I am having trouble with Job Rolfe born 1758 approx. He married Mary Knowles in 1783 in Andover and they 7 children that I can find. Is there anyone else looking into this family and do you have any idea where he was born?

Abby

Re: Rolfes in Hampshire.

Posted: 6 May 2007 8:02AM GMT
Hi Abby,

I'm also researching the Rolfe family in Andover. However, our Charles Burt Rolfe was born 1884 in Lynne Surrey, married Elsie Woodyer/Woodger in Andover, had two sons, Charles and Victor, and then died in the First World War in 1919. Elsie was the daughter of Daniel Joseph Alexander Woodyer/Woodger and Kate Fluen.

Is this too late for your research or does the name ring a bell?

Christa.

Posted: 6 May 2007 8:08AM GMT
No bells rung here.

The earliest Rolfe I can find in Andover is Job who married in 1783.

The Rolfes I am researching lived in New Street.

Posted: 14 May 2007 7:34PM GMT
Hi Abby
I have just started my research into the Rolfe side of my family. My 'Rolfes' lived in 129 New Street Andover. My GGrandmother was Ada Rolfe (1875). Her parents were William A Rolfe (1846) & Louisa Winter (1847). Are these the same ancesters that you have researched? I am particularly interested in finding out how the family lived and in any photographs that may have survived.
Thanks
Maria

Posted: 15 May 2007 6:34AM GMT
Yes I have William A Rolfe. His brother Job Rolfe is my great x3 grandfather. I have some photographs of New Street and of various Rolfes.

My email is abigailwhitmarsh@hotmail.com

Posted: 13 May 2009 3:51AM GMT
Hi Maria

I am related to your family through Louisa Ann Winter I have a bit of info if you are interested
Best wishes
Teresa

Posted: 5 Aug 2010 7:51PM GMT
Hi Are you still researching the Rolfes of New Street as this is our family?

Posted: 5 Aug 2010 8:03PM GMT
Yes, I am. I would be grateful for any info you have. My direct email is abigailwhitmarsh@hotmail.com

Posted: 5 Aug 2010 8:08PM GMT
Hi Teresa, I only just got this message for some reason, I would be greatful for any info you have. My email address is abigailwhitmarsh@hotmail.com

Posted: 24 May 2011 9:16AM GMT
My Nan was Louisa Rolfe, she was one of 5 daughters & 2 son's I believe. My Great Grandad was George Rolfe, they all lived for many generation in Andover.

I am unsure if this is a conection, my Grandad was one of 10 children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic