Search for content in message boards

Long and Conley

Long and Conley

Posted: 5 Sep 2001 3:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Sep 2001 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Long and Conley
I am searching for infomation on a Maude Long,Married to a Mason Conley about 1895, they had a son Williard Conley born June 1897. Maude died after Williard was about 6 months old, Williard was raised by his grandparents, the Longs, utill he was about 13 or 14 years old, then he went to live with his father Mason Conley. Mason married a Martha McCarty March 5, 1913 in Johnso County.
Hope someone can help.
Thank you

Re: Long and Conley

C W Butler (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2001 3:13AM GMT
Linda:

Maud E "Mahala" Long was b:6 Jan 1880 at Oil Springs, Johnson Co, KY d:30 Jan 1898. She was the daughter of Samuel Marion Long and Martha Jane P'Simer.

Did Maud and Mason only have Willard and Marion? Did Mason and Martha have any issue?

Do you know spouses, issue for Willard and/or Marion?

Posted: 21 Sep 2001 2:49PM GMT
I have been in contact with one of Willard's children, his Name is Allen. Mason Conley is my husband's grandfather. He also married a MarthaMcCarty McKenize. March 5, 1913 in Johnson Co., Ky.
Allen did not know that his father Williard, had another brother. He said that he tthought Williard was the only Child.
Marion may have died at birth, I do not know. I have him born June 1900.
Williard was born June 12 1897, in Ky. Died Dec 1965 in Boyd Co, Ky. I was told that he was a Rev..
Married a Lena OBryan born abt 1897. Married May 18 1914 in Johnson Co., Ky. I think Williard is buried in Johnson Co.Ky
Allen told me that Williard' grandparents raised him after his mother died, The Longs took him in. When he was about 14 years old he went back to live with Mason.
Williard and Lean had children, I am not sure how many, I have,
Allen
Paul
Neva
I may have one more, do not have it in front of me as of now.
I hope you can help me, I would like to know more about Mason and his family. and where they are buried. I also have some of the Children names of Martha McKenize, that her and Mason raised.
My mother in law said that he had about 21 or 22 children all together. She did not know all of them either.
Let me know
Linda

C W Butler (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2001 3:01PM GMT
I show Mason as the son of Isaiah H Conley b:1814 NC and Mary Ann "Polly" Mahan b:1833 in VA. At the moment I'm only showing three siblings for Mason: Catherine b:1864 m:Henry Jackson Salyer, Amanda Jane b:1869 m:Isaac Jackson "Bud" P'Simer and Rebecca Jane b:1867, nfi.

Posted: 25 Sep 2001 3:25PM GMT
If Williard' Mother died when he was six months old, and the Longs took him in and raised him, there is no way that Marion could have been his brother, if Marion was born in 1900. I hope you can find out more about him.
Thank you
Linda Conley

C W Butler (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2001 3:36PM GMT
Very good point since Mahala died in 1898 and Mason didn't remarry until 1913. I'll keep searching. There's either wrong data or a missing female entity.

C W Butler (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2001 3:38PM GMT
Do you happen to know the name of the McKenzie that Martha married and/or her parents?

Posted: 26 Sep 2001 4:36PM GMT
I belive that Martha married a Oliver McKinster, from what I have found. Martha's parents were David McCarty and Anna Blanton. she was born in Manila, Johnson Co., Ky. is what I have. Hope this helps.

C W Butler (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2001 5:38PM GMT
Well, that's interesting. I don't have an Anna Blanton, but I do have a David J McCarty b:19 Nov 1843. His sister Minerva m:Elias "Bud or Ed" Blanton. His brother Nelson m:Louisa "Dicy" Blanton. Alas, neither Elias or Dicy have a sister named Ann. Would this be our Dave McCarty of interest? Any clues to Anna's lineage?

Posted: 6 Oct 2001 12:57AM GMT
Sorry I have not responed before now.
I do not know much about The McCarty family. My husband did say, that he was related to the Blanton's, but do not know how. So I know very little.
Linda Conley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions