Search for content in message boards

Konigsau Galizen/Galicia Surnames

Konigsau Galizen/Galicia Surnames

JMuehsam (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2004 1:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Palmerich/Palmrich, Lenz, Dekinder, Neuheimer, Bauer, Spanier, Limberger, Fachet, Kaufhold, Vogt/Focht, Weiser, Kramer/Kremer, Muller, Reichert, Rehman/Rehmann
Thank you Karen & Dave, The Konigsau Web site I agree is an excellent web site. There are many of us searching this village but I have not located a forum/message board in English, I do not speak or read a word of German.

The surnames I am searching from this region are : Palmerich/Palmrich, Lenz, Dekinder, Neuheimer, Bauer, Spanier, Limberger, Fachet, Kaufhold, Vogt/Focht, Weiser, Kramer/Kremer, Muller, Reichert, Rehman/Rehmann, all have a connection to Palmerich via marriage. Katharina Palmerich born 1887 daughter of Jacob Palmerich and Katharina Lenz is my grandmother only one other sibling is known Amelia Palmerich born 1889. Jacob Palmerich listed below and a Johann Palmerich who married Katherina Limberger migrated to the USA, Johann settled in Youngstown Ohio. I have not established if these were brothers to my grandma. Johann migrated 1909, Katherina followed from Cz-Slovak in 1921, lists mother as Anna Limberger on ships manifest.

I am also trying to locate the area in which the surname Dobner came from Eva Dobner married Jacob Palmerich (Born Konigsau) migrated to USA 1910, Eva and children followed from Cz-Slovak in 1921, surname now used is Palmerick. The Palmerick family settled in CT.

Regards Jane

Re: Konigsau Galizen/Galicia Surnames

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2004 11:47AM GMT
13 Aug 2004

I found all of the surnames you've listed in the Konigsau Ortsfamilienbuch except for Bauer (there was a Brauer), Spanier, Fachet, Weiser and Rehmann. Unfortunately, the Ortsfamilienbuch only covers the years 1784 to 1812, leaving a big gap between its information and the time period that you're probably looking at, i.e. around the turn of the last century.

The Ortsfamilienbuch is available directly from the group headed by Herr Manfred Daum which you can find here: http://www.ev-ostkirchen.de/Galizien2.html

It is also available to members of the Galizien German Descendants Society that you can find here: http://feefhs.org/gal/ggd/frg-ggd.html

The young woman that runs the Konigsau web site does speak English, arranges tours of the area, and has been quite helpful for others in the past.

For a nice map of Galizien, go here: http://www.semanchuk.com/gen/maps/unterschutz.html

Dave

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2004 4:00PM GMT
16 Aug 2004

I took a look at the Königsau web site over the weekend and they have a layout map for the village showing who lived in each house. A number of the surnames that you're looking for were still represented in the village in 1939.

The LDS library does not appear to have anything for Königsau, so Herr Daum must have done the Ortsfamilienbuch from other sources.

At this point I'd have to say that your best bet would be to contact Angela Fabian at the email addres that she gives on the web site, and perhaps she can put you in contact with a group that has more information.

Dave

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2004 4:23PM GMT
16 Aug 2004

One other thing to try, the resettlements lists that can be found here: http://galizien-online.de/

On the left, click on the line that says 1939 Resettlement, when that page comes up, click on "Weiter zur Datenbank" (search the databanks). From here on out it's easier because Veit switches back to English.

Across the top you'll see a row of buttons, click on "Lists" and from that menu, click on "Place Hierarchy".

From the list that comes up, select Königsau, though due to the way the villages are sorted, the ones with umlaut vowels appear at the end of the listing for any starting letter. After clicking on Königsau, check out the surnames you're interested in.

Although these are people who left Königsau in 1940, they often have information on older generations, so you might find a name you recognize.

Dave

JMuehsam (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2004 2:18AM GMT
Surnames: Palmerich
Thank you Dave for the information that you have posted. I am in touch with Angela Fabian and she has been an enormous help to me. I was hoping that by posting on the message board that others with the names I am searching may contact and fill in the many gaps. I also understand that many people from Konigsau moved to Cz-Slovak before migration in the 1920’s to USA or Canada some even to Australia. I have many names and dates mostly earlier, I’m trying to find what happened to the others who are missing, especially if there are siblings of my grandmother. I have also been helping Angela search at Ellis Island for mis-indexed names of residents of Konigsau. This is where some of the surnames I posted have come into it. People going to stay with cousins or step siblings, but I have no idea where some of the connections are made.

I’m also trying to locate the descendants of Leon Palmerich who settled in Machliniec, it is thought that Leon married a Anna Rehmann, and two children were born in this marrriage, what happened to them, we do not know.

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2004 4:09PM GMT
17 Aug 2004

As you may have already discovered, the LDS library has both German and Polish Roman Catholic records for Machliniec. The German Kirchenbuch covers baptisms and marriage banns, and the Polish records cover births, marriages, and deaths.

There does not appear to be an Ortsfamilienbuch for Machliniec, Herr Daum's group concentrates on the German Lutheran communities, but I've also seen entries for Reformed and Mennonite.

Good luck with your research.

Dave

Re: Palmerich, Limberger

Posted: 6 Sep 2004 2:36AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT

Re:Palmerich,

Posted: 6 Sep 2004 2:49AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT
J

Just thought I let you know that the village Mernik is in Slovak Republic.
http://mapy.atlas.sk

The LDS-Mormons website is showing an Evangelical church records of the village of Mernik.
www.iabsi.com/gen/public

To locate an Ellis Island manifest in One Step especially from a certain village, use
www.stevemorse.org

Re: Palmerich, Limberger

Jane Muehsam (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2004 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: Palmerich, Limberger
Many thanks to all who have posted messages and links for me to follow. You are very kind to offer help. It is very much appreciated. Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions