Search for content in message boards

Fortner Family in Warrior, Alabama

Fortner Family in Warrior, Alabama

Rick Fortner (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2005 4:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather, Grover Fortner, was from Warrior. He moved to California 30's....he had 5 sons and three daughters.

My father, Cliff and three of his brothers were all soldiers in WWII....Uncle Warren was killed in Iwo Jima on 3/9/45.

I am just curious as to the family we may have in Alabama.

Re: Fortner Family in Warrior, Alabama

Barbara Tillery (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2005 6:31AM GMT
Surnames: FORTNER, DANIELL
Is this part of the FORTNER family descended from Sylvester FORTNER and Nancy DANIELL?

Posted: 6 Sep 2005 2:39PM GMT
I have referred your question to my mother.....she has done a bit of homework on the family....will respond as soon as i hear from her.

Posted: 7 Sep 2005 2:34PM GMT
In answer to your question this morning. William Grover Fortner was the son
of William Sylvester and Nancy Daniel. He was born December 11, 1890 in Warrior, Alabama.
He married rosetta Jane Stroud that was born January 11, 1895 in Ozark, Arkansas.
They were married January 5, 1913 in Hanna, Oklahoma.
I don't know the names of Grandma Fortner's parents.

Posted: 9 Sep 2007 7:13AM GMT
Rick,

Your Grandfather would have been my Grandfathers older brother. Walter Demetrious. Check this page from the 1900 census: http://www.us-census.org/pub/usgenweb/census/al/jefferson/19...
Also, here is a link to information I posted on Family Tree Maker a few years ago; http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/f/o/r/William-N-F...

Posted: 9 Sep 2007 11:19PM GMT
Surnames: FORTNER, DANIELL
If you are interewsted there is an updated family book on the DANIELL family in progress. I am going to the family reunion on Sept 16, in Cobb Co Ga.

Barbara

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 6:53AM GMT
Surnames: Fortner
Rick,

Hello, my name is vonna and i seen your posting on a messageboard about the Fortner family. I also am trying to trace that line but mine are also from MS> and TX.
My Grandmothers' maiden was Fortner. She was born in Madison co. TX. Her father was Isaac Andrew Fortner from either MS. or ALA. Her mother was Martha Jane Spikes from Webster co. MS. Do you know of any connection to your Fortner?
I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

Vonna

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 8:34AM GMT
Surnames: Fortner, Daniell
Hi,
sorry but I don't have any more on Fortner line. My line is the Daniell that married into the Fortner line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic