Search for content in message boards

Children of Ivory STODDARD & wives 1) Eunice QUITHEL 2) Helen DUNN

Children of Ivory STODDARD & wives 1) Eunice QUITHEL 2) Helen DUNN

Posted: 19 Dec 2002 5:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Nov 2006 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Stoddard, Quithel, Dunn, Blackmore
We are from the line of Ivory Stoddard who married Eunice Quithel. Ivory had a 2nd wife, Helen Marie Dunn.
Children of Ivory:
1842 Cornelia Melissa
1844 Mary J.
1847 Charles F.
1849 William W.
1851 Alonzo Elias
1854 James W.
1857 Alice May
1860 Amelia
1862 Ira I.
1872 Eva
We believe the above to be the children of Ivory and Eunice Quithel Stoddard. We have taken the information from US Census's and family recall.
Below we believe are the children with Helen Marie Dunn Stoddard. They were born in Michigan, with possible exception of Charles. Family history has it Charles may have been born in Niagara Falls.
1873 Charles Ivory
1875 Floye Lillian
1878 Jessie
1879 Earl Sheppard
1882 George Acel
1883 Guy Cleveland
Ivory died February 11, 1901 in Millington, Tuscola County, Michigan.

We are from Ivory and Eunice's 5th child, Alonzo Elias Stoddard, born 1851 in Erie County NY. Alonzo married Harriet Ellen Blackmore June 29, 1874 in Batavia, Genesee County, NY. I have a copy of the marriage certificate.
Alonzo died in 1929 in Grand Island, Erie County NY where he and his family resided. Alonzo is buried in Pioneer Cemetery, Newstead, Erie County, NY where he was born.

I have additional information on some of the children that I am happy to share. If anyone is descended from Ivory and can add more or correct some of my information, I would appreciate it.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Nancy
Western New York

Re: Children of Ivory STODDARD & wives 1) Eunice QUITHEL 2) Helen DUNN

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 4:17PM GMT
Surnames: Stoddard
Hello, I am from Northwestern Pa and am a decsentant of Guy C. (second marriage of Ivory). My father Guy Adam, born 1909 had one brother Cecil b. 1907. Guy C. never married my grdandmother. I have found out that he had a previous family of 3 children, most likley in Conn. I did find 12 cousins in Ohio two years ago and did visit with them. Guy C did marry this one!!
I would be interested to know if you can get beyond Ivory.

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 4:55PM GMT
Hello,
I do belive Ivory's parents were William and Lydia Bean. I am going from memory though. We are on vacation and I don't have all my Genealogy information with me.
I do have a copy of Ivory's death certificate and if by chance I have this with me in my laptop I could email you a copy.
My husband us descended from Ivory and Eunice.
A tid-bit....Did you know Helen was a young neighbor girl and William was still married to Eunice when he left NY with Helen for Michigan?
I will search what I have here and see what I brogfht with me. It has been quite a few years since I seriously searched for Ivory's parents and grandparents. The name Moody, or something like that, just popped into my head.
That may have been Lydia's parents.
I do rememeber numerous William Stoddard's, therefore couldn't put the correct one with Ivory.
Nancy
NY and Myrtle Beach, SC

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 9:02PM GMT
Thank you for your reply! It sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! I would love to see what ever you have. I do know that Ivory died in 1901 in Mi. I am a very patient person so enjoy your vacation and get back to me when you can. Ahhh Myrtle Beach, it sounds so good right now!!

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 6:27PM GMT
Surnames: Stoddard Dunn Blackmore
I am a descendant of Helen Dunn's father Jonas Dunn specifically her brother Clarence. Helens mother Mary Graham Dunn headed for Michigan in mid to late 1880's with Jonas but he died in Ohio somewhere. Later she married William Blackmore Jr. They both died in Genesee County 1914 or so. Frank Dunn Helens brother married a Blackmore and another Blackmore married another Stoddard. So these families were intermingled in several ways. I can't find Jonas Dunns parents that is my brickwall.

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 6:40PM GMT
Parents of Ivory were William Stoddard and Lydia Bean

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 7:38PM GMT
Hi,
I have information to share and willing to help search for Jonas' parents. If you want to contact me:
mariner1841_yahoo.com
Substitue the _ with @.
Nancy

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 7:40PM GMT
Hello again.
You can contact me direct:
mariner1841_yahoo.com
Change the _ to @
Nancy

Posted: 12 Feb 2009 1:15AM GMT
Thank you for all this information! I just found out yesterday That there was a Jonas Dunn and a Mary Graham. I am a descedant (great granddaughter) of Ivory and Helen's though their son Guy C. My father never knew his father because he (Guy C) took of to Lima Ohio where he married and had another 12 kids! Thank you again. If I can help you let me know but I think you are way,way ahead of me!!

Posted: 12 Feb 2009 1:18AM GMT
Thank you again. Someone else told me this yesterday. She said she couldn't get beyond William because there was just too many of them!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic