Search for content in message boards

Millers of MO and IA

Millers of MO and IA

Posted: 26 Sep 2000 5:50PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 10:51PM GMT
My father was CARRELL THEODORE MILLER b, Nov. 2, 1913, Auroa, Mo, His fathere was FRANK MILLER b. Feb. 17, 1882 Adel, IA. He married MINNIE MULLINS. They had 6 children: Clyde,NOEL,CARRELL,RUBY,FAYE and MAXINE.
Frank died as the results of a house fire. Minnie died about three yrs prior due to TB.
Frank's father was LEWIS ALEXANDER MILLER b. April 30, 1848m Ft. Desmoins, IA, d. March 6, 1935, Cross Timbers, MO. Lew married MARY EMALINE GEER, They had a number of children. This was his first of 4 marriages. Lewis was a volunteer member of CO. B 39th Iowa V.I, part of the 16th army Corps Commanded by Gen. Corse. Lewis was also a Minister.
Lewis father was JESSE K. MILLER, pioneer settler in IA, was a captain in the BLACK HAWK WAR.
His father was COL. JOHN MILLER. Served under Gen. George Washington. He was an Irish member of the English House of Lords and eas expelled and banished from England because of his outspoken sympathy for the American Colonists.
Thanks for your help.
Connie Presler

Re: Millers of MO and IA

Posted: 4 Mar 2009 12:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
I was married to John Thomas Miller. We lived in Urbana MO but his Grandfather was Frank I beleive. I know his middle name was Benjamin (he was called Red Miller)and he had a sister named Beulah poindexter. Lewis Alexander Miller is buried at Mission Ridge Cenetery outside of Urbana MO. There is a plaque for him as one of the last surviving Civil War veterans.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic