Search for content in message boards

Hughes of South Carolina

Hughes of South Carolina

Posted: 13 Jul 2004 3:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hughes, Gore, Graham
Correction to my earlier post. Franklin Drayton Hughes' father's name was Cader Hughes. Cader Hughes' father was John Hughes.

I apologize for the error.

Re: Hughes of South Carolina

Posted: 16 Jul 2004 8:02PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2006 7:10PM GMT

Pam Johnson

In Regards to your message on the Hughes board dated 12 July 2004.
You stated that Franklin Drayton Hughes was the son of Cader Hughes who was the son of John Hughes.

I have an Eli Hughes who was born 1803 in SC and was married to a lady named Creel, he supposedly burned in Bibb County Alabama. Also a John Hughes was married to a Rebecca Bush in Ga., also died and buried in Bibb County Alabama. I do know that My John died sometime between
1856 and 1858 for Rebecca was listed as a widow when he remarried a Matt Rowe and they raise her child she had with John (a James Henley Hughes my ggrandfather)
Can you are have you any links to Eli?

Thanks

Ervin Hughes
Hugh276@bellsouth.net

Pam Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2004 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: Hughes of South Carolina
Hi Ervin:
To my knowledge, Eli Hughes is not related to my John Hughes, however, I say that with caution as I know nothing about John, only having discovered him recently. I'll let you know if I ever run into a link to your Eli Hughes. Good luck.

Hughes of South Carolina

Tonya Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2004 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Hughes
I am looking for information on my deceased uncle, Ansel Hughes who was married to Lois Grace Johnson (Dec'd). Ansel's parents were Alice Jennie Pitman and Jasper Hughes; however, I cannot find information Uncle Ansel's full name, his parents, nor his grandparents. I was hoping that someone could help me. Please email me at: cattales1967@earthlink.net

Posted: 29 Sep 2009 1:12AM GMT
Surnames: Hughes
I am a directly kin to Ansel Hughes. He was my Mother's brother. I have searched for his full name, but at this time unable to give it to you. I can contact cousins. He also has a daughter still living in Taylors S.C. He was i of 11 children to Jasper Twiman Hughes and Alice Eugenia(Jennie) Pitman Hughes. My Grandparents. Grandma died 12-1-62...not sure about Grandpa's date of death. Greenville S.C. couthouse should have it , if you are in the location....He lived in Taylors, S.C. Good Luck, Eugenia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic