Search for content in message boards

LAY

LAY

Traci Spears (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Looking for info the family of William Paris LAY b: November 02, 1837 Whitley County, KY d: 1880 Casey County, KY. He was married twice.

William Paris Lay married (1) Jane POTEET September 28, 1854 Campbell County, TN. Jane b: Abt. 1833 TN. When/where did she die? They had the following childen:

John P. Lay b: March 05, 1856 TN Where/when did he die? John married Amanda Richardson in 1881. Amnada b: Abt. 1864 KY

George Andrew Lay b: December 20, 1858 Campbell County, TN. Where/when did he die? George married Levinia Richardson in 1885

Jesse Colonel LAY b: September 1861 Casey County, KY d: January 28, 1935 Kings Mountain, Lincoln County, KY. He married Mary Elizabeth RICHARDSON December 10, 1878 Casey County, KY. Mary b: October 19, 1859 KY d: September 13, 1927 Lincoln County, KY

William B. Lay b: Abt. 1867 KY Where/when did he die? Was he ever married?

William Paris LAY married (2) Lucy Robinson 1873. Where were they married? Lucy b: Abt. 1837. Did they have any children?

Re: LAY

James L. Bates (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Saw your message about the Lays.

There was a Melinda Lay married Joseph Wheeler (my grandfather's brother) on 10 Dec 1885.

Sarah B. Long (grandmother's sister) married William Lay on 14 May 1885.

Nancy Caroline Long (grandmother's sister) married Luke? Lay on 14 Dec 1886. She is buried in Caneyfork Cemetery, as are several more Lays.

Mattie Lou Long (grandmother's sister) married Newly? Lay on 13 Aug 1880.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Re: LAY

Carl Fredericks (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Hi Traci....Here is a bit of info I have in my files.
Jenny ELLISON (brn abt 1787) married Jesse LAY Oct 25, 1807. Jenny is the dau of Asa ELLISON and Elizabeth KILPATRICK. Asa died in Whitley Co. KY about 1840. It is said the a large portion of the folks in Campbell Co. TN are related to Asa.

Hope this helps a bit.

LAY, LONG, EDWARDS, GRUBBS

Posted: 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: LAY, GRUBBS
TABITHA LAY b. 1895 and married HARRISON DUDLEY GRUBBS was my Ggrandmother. Her parents were LUKE LAY and NANCY CAROLINE (LONG) LAY. Nancy died when Tabitha was about 4 or 5 and Luke died when she was about 11. Family rumor has it that she was a maid servant for a family in Casey Co. KY

Did she have any brothers and sisters? Any information would be greatly appreciated about any of the above families. Glad to share what I have.

Rhonda
Posted: 5 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2002 3:25PM GMT
Surnames: Lay
William Paris Lay married Lucy Robinson August 08, 1880 in Casey County, Kentucky, Book 1 page #116. I have no children listed for them.

John P. Lay married Amanda Richardson, October 19, 1884 Casey County, Ky Book 1 page #136, they had 9 children. She is the daughter of James R. Richardson and Katherine Wesley.

George Andrew Lay married Lavina J. Richardson, June 04, 1885, book 1 page #146. Daughter of Reuben Richardson and Rebecca Wesley.

Jesse Colonel Lay married Mary Elizabeth Richardson, daughter of James R. Richardson and Katherine Wesley sister to Amanda Richardson listed above.

Hope this helps Roberta

Nancy C. (Long) Lay

Buddy Long (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lay, Long
Nancy Caroline Lay died in 1900. She left 5 children, 4 girls & one boy (Richard). One of the girls was named Ola. She was 30 when she died. My father was double 1st cousins to these children. Madison Haggard Long m. Martha Lay - brother was Luke Lay. One of M.H. Long's sister's was Nancy C. Long.
Nancy is buried in the Caney Fork Cemetery; Her son Richard, her mother, and at least one sister also.

Re: Nancy C. (Long) Lay

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 4:17PM GMT
Hello My name is Betty Phelps I am Richard Lay's Great Granddaughter. I am trying to find where Luke Lay is buried. I know he remarried and had atleast 2 more children after that but I can't find where he died and was buried. If you have any information please Let me know. By the way. Luke Lay's Father Is also Richard Lay and he is buried in Woodford County.
Posted: 26 Mar 2013 7:30PM GMT
Surnames: Lay
William Paris Lay is my 3rd great grandfather any connection
Thanks Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions