Search for content in message boards

Issac Dawes of Fauquier Co Va

Issac Dawes of Fauquier Co Va

Posted: 25 Oct 2007 9:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Issac was b abt 1795 & marr Lucy Huffman 8 Nov 1817. Who were his parents & siblings?
Lucy was the dau of William Huffman Jr. & Ann Guy.They moved to Garrard Co KY shortly after their as all their children were born there.
Any info on this line appreciated.
Ollie

Re: Issac Dawes of Fauquier Co Va

Posted: 6 Mar 2011 7:01PM GMT
I have a great great Grandfather, William Dawes, who is thought to be from Brucetown, VA, born in 1790. I am also at a dead end in confirming his birth locaion or any documentable leads on his ancestors. There is at least a chance our ancestors are related. A Ancestry.com source provides a line of ancestors but it is not well documented.

Posted: 7 Mar 2011 2:37AM GMT
Where is Brucetown Va? If it is in the Fauquier Co area it may be possible for your William to be brother to my Issac who was b abt 1795. Don't have parents or siblings for Issac so need more info to connect William & Issac.
Thanks, Ollie

Posted: 7 Mar 2011 8:43AM GMT
Brucetown seems to no longer exist. It was located near Winchester, Va, about 50 miles north of Fauquier County. Isaac was a common name in my Dawes family line.
I don't yet know how to work Ancestry.com well enough but with the member connect feature you can access my line and check on and seek to link to the ancestors I have for William Dawes. I am not at all certain the line beyond William is indeed my ancestral line, but it is one I found in Ancestry.com and I am using it as the only line I can find from Virginia available for now.

Posted: 22 Jun 2011 4:55PM GMT
I just noticed your posting from March. Has anyone confirmed for you that Abraham Dawes b. 1765 Maryland, d 1828 Fauquier county, Va and Mary C - no info were the parents of Isaac, William (my conntection), Abraham, Elizabeth, Harriet, Sarah, and Benjamin. Richard Dawes has documentation of this family to Adrain Dawes 1650 of Newthorpe, Nottinghamshire, England. If no one has provided you info, I can send what I have. dawnsiek@gmail.com

Posted: 22 Jun 2011 6:18PM GMT
No, no one sent me any info on Isaac. So thanks so much for this info. I would appreciate any further info you can provide. I think I have Isaac's line down pretty good but know nothing abt his siblings.
Thanks, Ollie

Posted: 22 Jun 2011 8:47PM GMT
I would very much appreciate receipt of any information you have on what appears to be our common ancestor William Dawes and his line. I will send this request by e-mail as well.

Bob Hagedorn

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 12:14AM GMT
Thanks Bob.
Ollie

Posted: 29 Nov 2011 4:59PM GMT
Surnames: Dawes
I believe my Abraham Dawes is a brother of your William. I have pieced together what I have from some info I received from a distant cousin, otherwise I wouldn't have known where to start on this side of my family. Would you mind sending me what you have? I ran into a dead end at Abraham Dawes, b. 1765. I would love to share info if there is any info I have that you want. cjinskip11@hotmail.com

Christy (Dawes) Inskip

Posted: 29 Nov 2011 6:01PM GMT
Good morning
Thanks for your reply. My great great grandfather William Dawes is buried in Brucetown, VA, in Frederick County. My grandfather tried in the 1950s to learn more. He did find the date of birth (November 1, 1790)on the tombstone and obtained an unpreserved record of his death which established his birthplace as Frederick County, Va. I assume the Virginia Department of Vital Records would still have that record.
A letter he received speaks to family oral history that William Dawes was a newspaper publisher I have found online that a William Dawes owned and published the Washington Mirror in the 1830s, but no proof it is our William Dawes.
My grandfather put a great deal of effort into attempting to establish a link to William Dawes, who rode with Paul Revere to warn of the British activity. He was not succesful and it is clear there is not a direct line to that William Dawes. We might be his distant cousins, but I cannot verify that.
My e-mail contact information is polbsmo@aol.com. I have extensive information about the line from William down to the present and am happy to share. I would welcome your information. With a birthdate of 1765 it is possible Abraham could be the father of my William.

Robert Dawes Hagedorn
Blue Springs, MO
per page

Find a board about a specific topic