Search for content in message boards

looking for Ryan descendants for free research/exhibition

looking for Ryan descendants for free research/exhibition

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 8:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jun 2013 7:47AM GMT
Surnames: Ryan
Thanks for all the replies. We now have all we need to have a superb exhibition on Ryan family history research.
Come and see it if you can at the
Ryan Gathering in August 2013 in Thurles, County Tipperary, the source.

thanks.

Re: looking for Ryan descendants for free research/exhibition

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 7:53AM GMT
Happy to be included if possible - my Ryans are in Australia but originally from Templemore Tipperary.

Sue

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 5:58PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan, Shannahan
I am very interested in your offer and have a photo of my great grandfather, Timothy Ryan who immigrated to Chicago (probably via Canada) in 1880. Would love your assistance. I also have his wife, and children's info as well as some of his Uncle's information. I got some of this with the assistance of a genealogist here and will happily provide it for more research

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 6:29AM GMT
Wonderful thank you.
I will send a message to you and you can email me back the information.

Regards,

Cecile Mulcahy

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 6:33AM GMT
Hi M Sigmond,

I will send you my details and see what I can do.
Thank you.

Cecile Mulcahy

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 10:39PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2013 10:40PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan, Finn, Horan.
Hi Cecile,
My G G Grandmother was Alice [Ally] Ryan born 1838 in Thurles Tipperary to Patrick Ryan & Catherine Lane. She married Patrick Finn. I have the baptism records of all her nine children and many Ryans named as sponsers.

I am at present looking for Horans, maybe we can help each other.

Ann.

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 6:29PM GMT
My great uncle was born in the Cashel workhouse - I have the birth record and info on the family before (in Waterford) and after (in New Jersey USA). I have no idea why my great grandmother was in Cashel and in the workhouse to have this baby while her husband was in the United States. I assume the 2 year old was with her. I would love to share and hope you may find some info for me.

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 12:09PM GMT
My family have been Cashel city and district from the 17th century and I have much Cashel material. If you care to add some more details of your quest - dates, names &c - I might be able to contribute, and would be happy to do so...

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 7:56PM GMT
All I know is my ggg grandfather Martin Ryan was born somewhere in Ireland in 1846 and immigrated to New York about 1865. In 1868 he married Elizabeth McIntyre, born 1851 in Ireland. They had two children that I know of, Catherine and Joseph Francis. Joseph was born in NY Oct 1871.

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 3:45PM GMT
Surnames: ryan
Hi I am also looking for my Ryan family, James John Ryan was my father born in Liverpool, August 24, 1915 0r 1916 deceased, when I was 10 yrs old, Died December 17, 1957 in ohio. My grandfather was also James Ryan born in Waterford, Ireland, his wife was Cecilia Preston Ryan, My grandfather was at sea, and was on the ship Carpathia when they picked up passengers from the Titanic. My grandfather came to USA on the ship Celtic october 1927, I have the ship passenger list, however cannot locate anything else, Pls email me privately, for more info I am so thankful for all this help dorothy Ryan Walton dotw47@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic