Search for content in message boards

Richard Lee wife Nancy? Nelson Co. Va.1790's 1830's children Jane Susannah Phoebe Nancy, Mildred, Rachel, Judith, Rebeakay, Malinda

Richard Lee wife Nancy? Nelson Co. Va.1790's 1830's children Jane Susannah Phoebe Nancy, Mildred, Rachel, Judith, Rebeakay, Malinda

Posted: 25 May 2001 6:20AM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2002 4:57PM GMT
Looking for information on a Richard Lee married Nancy?. Know he was in Nelson county in the 1830's. Will from around 1835 states he was married to Nancy?. His children were Jane Morris, Susannah Trusler, Phoebe Gray, Nancy Bridge, Mildred, Rachel, Judith, Rebeakay, and Malinda. The Phoebe Gray was married to William Gray. I assume the other girls with two names are being listed with their married names. Phoebe was married in Nelson county 1835. She was born in Virginia in 1796. I do not have any more info on Richard other than what I have listed. I have more on Phoebe.

Susannah Truslow

Posted: 1 Apr 2002 3:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
I can confirm your assumption about the girls being listed in their married name. Susannah Lee was married to Joseph Truslow, Oct 6 1818. They had two children that I know of : Nancy Lee Truslow, and Joseph Mathew Truslow JR. I have more info. But Susannah was where it stopped for me. I will let you know if I get any info. dealing with her parents now that I have their names. All my info. is on Ancestry.com. You can also e-mail me at Lockjaw242@aol.com

Thanks for sharing

Re: Susannah Truslow

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 6:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2002 6:32PM GMT
Actually Susannah Lee (1798) was married on the 8th of October 1818 by (James Boyd) to Charlie Joseph Truslow, Sr. though there is some confusion about where Joseph Matthew Truslow fits in and who he married. The license was issued on the 6th. Her father was Richard Lee, Nelson Co. and mother was Nancy. Charlie Joseph's parents were John Truslow and Elizabeth Dunning.
Susanna and Charles Joseph Truslow had four children: Hezekiah (1820), Nancy (1824), Charles Joseph, Jr. (1831) m. Harriet Newel Giannini, and John (aoubt 1824) m. Susannah Frances Fourtune.
Can you tell me where you found the record that Nancy Truslow's milldle name was Lee?
Thanks very much!

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 11:23PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2002 4:57PM GMT
Surnames: Gray and Lee
Hello, The information I have on Richard Lee and Nancy? came from a distant relative of my husbands who answered my posting as you have, who is descended from Susannah" Lee" Trusler married to Joseph Trusler. She received this information from another relative who found a copy of the will of Richard Lee in Nelson County Virginia.The will was filed in 1835. My research is on the daughter Phoebe who married William Gray. I am trying to find out if Phoebe was related to Robert E Lee. Do you happened to know who Richard Lee's father was if he was born in the United States and what Nancy's maiden name was? Thanks Pam email me at anaantiques@dp.net

Posted: 12 Sep 2009 12:31AM GMT
Nancy, who married Richard Lee is Nancy Dodd, who was from Orange Co., VA as was Richard. They are mentioned in the Ambrose Lee vs. Milley Lee chancery case in Orange Co., which is easy to find on the internet. Richard's parents are supposed to be John Lee, who died intestate causing a property dispute within the family. Richard's mother is supposedly Mildred ? who married John Lee, but she is too young for a son born about 1765, as she was born 1761-69 according to records. And, no, they are not related to Robert E. Lee, at least from a male, Y-DNA standpoint. A descendant of Richard's brother, Zachariah Lee who married Sarah Mankspoil in Orange Co., VA in 1790 has proven there is no relation to the General, at least from the male side.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions