Search for content in message boards

Cawston family of Cawston,Keremeos, British Columbia, Canada

Cawston family of Cawston,Keremeos, British Columbia, Canada

Posted: 17 May 2009 4:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cawston, Lowe
Is anyone searching the above Cawston family. The little town of Cawston was named after Richard Lowe Cawston. I would be interested in exchanging information with anyone else searching this line.
Please contact me at thepenclw@yahoo.ca

Re: Cawston family of Cawston,Keremeos, British Columbia, Canada

Posted: 18 May 2009 9:42AM GMT
Surnames: CAWSTON
Hi, Not researching the CAWSTON surname.
Have You searched the Provincial Archive of BC Vital Events Index - Marriage 1859-1933 Birth 1872-1903 Death 1872-1988

Finds 2 CAWSTON Births: 5 male CAWSTON marriages -3 CAWSTON female Marriages. 18 CAWSTON Deaths including 2 Richard Lowe CAWSTON - 1 in CAWSTON BC - 1 in Penticton BC,

Filmed registrations can be viewed at no cost at the Provincial Archive in Victoria. Some Public or University Libraries in the Province.
Information found can be transcribed or photo copied for .50 cents or less depending on location of copy machine.

Volunteers At Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - British Columbia. Any who offer Lookup of Public Record can transcribe or copy.
Some offer search for Obituary. Others offer Cemetery Photo
Cheers,Stella

Posted: 18 May 2009 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: Cawston
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I have searched the Provincial Archive of BC Vital Events Index.
Thank you for the suggestion to view the filmed registrations at the Provincial Archives in Victoria.
Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness has given me wonderful help over the years.
I was at the Cawston Community Cemetery on Saturday, May 16, 2009 and got pictures of the Cawston family plot.

Suggestions are great,
thank you,
Cheryl

Posted: 16 Dec 2011 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: cawston or bassett
Hi,

I've been curious about this family for a while... My great grandmother was a Cawston from Manitoba and I've often wondered if there were relations between the families. Would you know that?

Posted: 17 Dec 2011 4:18AM GMT
Hello,

If you could tell me more about your great grandmother from Manitoba, I might be able to help you.

Thanks, Cheryl

Posted: 3 May 2012 5:18AM GMT
My great grandmother was Verna B Cawston, I have some knowledge of the family but would like to know more.

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 12:06AM GMT
I am quite new to Ancestry and did not see this until just now. I have found Maria Lowe Cawston (Richard Lowe Cawston's mother) in Winnipeg in the 1891 census. I wonder if this is a relative of yours? Any thoughts you might wish to share? i would be happy to hear from you if you are still looking for information!

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 1:00AM GMT
I have a Margaret Verna Beatrice Weaver, I believe she went by Verna, she was born in Ontario, and died 22 April 1984, Vancouver, B.C.
She was married to Richard Lowe Cawston, born 21 Feb.1888, Cawston, B.C. and died 18 March 1954, Penticton , B.C., they had a son also called Richard Lowe Cawston, 1925-1969.
Could this possibly be your family?

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 6:05PM GMT
I have a Verna B Weaver, married to Alfred Hamilton Cawston, could this be your Verna B Cawston?
Verna wrote several stories for the Okanagan Historical Society Annual Reports.

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 9:20PM GMT

Yes, Maria Lowe is part of my family line, I would like to hear from you. You can contact me at Cherylwark@hotmail.com
Thank you for answering my query, I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheryl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions