Search for content in message boards

William Henry MORGAN, born 1801

William Henry MORGAN, born 1801

Posted: 8 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Apr 2004 1:21AM GMT
Surnames: MORGAN, LAFFERTY, SNYDER
My gggrandfather was William Henry MORGAN, born June 22, 1801. I had been under the impression that he was born in Jamestown, NY (that was what was written in family Bible), but I have just found out that he was born in New Canaan, CT.

He married Sarah LAFFERTY of Phila. on Mar. 10, 1824 and they had two sons: Edmund Lafferty and John Dailey MORGAN, born 1828 and 1831 respectively, Sarah died in 1834 and William married Mary Ann SNYDER (born 1804 in Phila.) in 1837.

Their children were George Peter 1842, William Henry, 1844, and Charles Snyder MORGAN (1838). All were born in Phila.

William Henry MORGAN died in 1844 in Phila.

William Henry's grandfather was George MORGAN and he was from Kilmarnock, Scotland. Family went to Wales, then to the US. I'm not sure when.

If you recognize this family, please contact me. Thanks.

William Henry Morgan

Posted: 9 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 11:09AM GMT
Surnames: MORGAN, DAILEY, TOWNSEND
Beth,

The name John Dailey Morgan is more than a coincidence. There is a Homan Morgan (CT) line I am researching, and the Dailey name pops up several places.

The Morgans, Dailey's and Townsends came as a group to Northern Illinois, where I live. The Morgan line came from CT to Luzerne Cty, PA to IL.

If you have any Pedigree on W H Morgan, I would be interested in seeing it. Also, the Nelson Morgan name pops up a lot in that line.

I will be watching for your Morgan, as I hope you will for my Homan and Nelson.

Keep in mind that the area of New York between Pa and Ct was called CT in the late 1700's

Thanks, David Jones, Pecatonica, Illinois

Dailey in Luzerne

Posted: 12 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 11:09AM GMT
Surnames: William Henry Morgan
I show a Samuel Dailey 1731, then his son, Joseph Dailey 1757, then Jos. son, Luther Dailey 1786.

At least Luther was in Luzerne.

Perhaps Joseph Dailey and your Nathaniel Dailey 1760 were brothers?

There was some tie-in between the Dailey, Townsend, and Morgan families--they seemed to move westward together.

David Jones

Dailey

Posted: 12 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 12:30PM GMT
Surnames: Dailey
My husband's ancestor was Nathaniel Dailey, born c. 1760.
We do know that he lived in Sherman/New Fairfield and
was married to Anna Cosier/Cosher daughter of Mary Mosher.
He went to Luzerne, Pa. and his son, Herman, married Hannah Tripp.
Have been searching for Nathaniel's parents as well as where
he came from. Is there any connection?

Re: William Henry Morgan

Posted: 16 Jan 2004 8:14PM GMT
I have copy of will of David Daily (Dailey) in which he names sons, John, David, Joseph and Samuel, daughters, Elizabeth Post, Eleanor Wickizer (later Wilsey or Wiltsie). John was my ancester and settled in Boone Co., Ind. as I believe did David. Old David died 1816, Luzerne Co. The Michael Shoemaker Book has a footnote (I believe on Jenkins page) that says that Minerva Townsend married a Daily. I am not sure but think Samuel may also have traveled to Boone Co. There are a lot of Dailys there. June

Re: William Henry MORGAN, born 1801

Posted: 31 Aug 2011 11:37PM GMT
Surnames: morgan
hello I am one of the Morgans of kilmarnock have only family history to circa 1900 for my family all family history destroyed in ouse fire would be interested in any ninfo your end believe one of my ancestors was a seafaring man possibly a sea captain
hope you can help
James
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions