Search for content in message boards

Wood family

Wood family

Posted: 3 Nov 2001 6:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2002 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Wood
I am looking for any information on Wood family from Cedar Co., or Wright or Laclede Co., Missouri

Re: Wood family

Terry Wood (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2001 8:39PM GMT
Donna,

During the Civil War the family of Claiborn Foster Wood (b. 1832 Morgan Co, Il.) wife Mary (Dedmon) Wood moved to Wright Co.,Hartville, Mo. Claiborn died during the war. A lot of the family still live in or around Hartville. Claiborn and Mary's children (that I know of) were William Seneca (wife Missouri Ann Butcher), Martha L., Henry Dallas and Bedia Allice (these last two were twins). William had a son named Fred who also had a son named Fred II (still lives at Hartville) and he also had a son named Fred III (still lives around Hartville). Claiborn was the son of William Marion Wood b. in Ky. 1806 And William was the son of Thomas Wood b. in NC. 1773. I hope this info will help you some. If this is the line that you are looking for let me know, I have some info on other branches of this same family. Terry Wood

William Marion and my GGGrandfather Enoch were bothers

Posted: 5 Nov 2001 10:32PM GMT
Hi, Thank you for your reply. Do you know of a George F. Wood? He was born I believe 1890 and died 1976. Wife's name was Mary Edith. She died in 1950's. They are buried in Cedar County outside of Bear Creek. He worked for the RR. in Springfield. & they lived in Spfd. also. Somehow once I found an obit on the internet for one of his brothers in a newspaper, possibly Hartville. I think his name was Lewis or Paul. There was a brother Ernest. And some more siblings. Geo. had 3 daughters, Winona, Walsey (sp?) and Nadine. Would you have knowledge of this family of Woods? Thank you so much.
Donna Catron

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2002 4:22AM GMT
Surnames: WOOD
Would you happen to have any information on a JOSEPH A. WOOD, who married a JOAN E. BALDWIN, in Nevada, Vernon county Missouri on July 18, 1888? I have made it back as far as him and now at that infamous wall. He and Joan are my great grandparents. Any information would be appreciated.
Thank You, Mary

Posted: 7 Apr 2002 1:53PM GMT
I wish I could help you, but as far as I know I don't have a connection to the Joseph A. Wood you are seeking. Wish I could be of more help.
Donna

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2002 3:27PM GMT
Thank you for your reply anyway, Donna. I am starting to believe that he was just a figment of someones imagination, or else he just dug a hole and pulled it in after him, disappearing forever.
Mary

Posted: 7 Apr 2002 10:22PM GMT
Don't give up! One of these days you'll find him!
Donna

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2002 11:50PM GMT
Thank you for the good thought, but maybe he WAS just a figment of someones imagination. We will see. Thank you for your reply.
Mary

Posted: 6 Nov 2005 3:39AM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Dedmon
Terry,
Do you happen to know anything else about Thomas, father of William Marion? Claiborn Foster and Mary Dedmon were my gg grandparents.
Thanks,
Leslie

Donna Catron (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2005 4:36AM GMT
Thank you so very much. I believe this is useful information for me. I would appreciate any other information you might have. Please feel free to e-mail me.

Donna Catron
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions